Company: Credo CFOs & CPAs
Posted on: June 21, 2022
We adhere to a strong set of core beliefs that we call "The
Credo Way". We don't believe in being big, we believe in being
great. We believe we have a duty to make the entire professional
services industry better than it was when we found it. We believe
that rewards should fit the results. We believe in working smart
and not in "face time" in the office.
We are a different kind of professional services firm that asks the
question "Why Not?" instead of "Why?". We are innovators and
disruptors that are focused on getting results for our clients. We
want problems that are hard to solve so we can prove ourselves on
an ongoing basis. We believe that people should be rewarded for
getting results and that people get the best results when they are
awarded the freedom to blaze their own path.
We are looking for a Tax Professional that wants to join our
mission. - -
If you enjoy being paid by the hour or think that efforts are more
valuable than getting the job done, Credo is not the place for you.
If, on the other hand, you are the type of person that gets the job
done but are tired of watching others around you get rewarded for
effort, then Credo might be the exact place for you! -
If you are a problem solver, love helping people, and want to be
rewarded for getting the job done, please consider joining our
team!his position completes all appropriate tax returns and ensures
compliance with relevant federal, state and local regulations. The
tax professional also advises on appropriate tax strategies for
organizations. The tax professional will be responsible for
managing the work flow and credo tax practices and serves as a
consultant/advisor of non-tax Credo personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company
federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state
and local income tax returns and other business-related
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in
company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary
federal and state taxes.
- Manage members of the tax team as they prepare components of
the company's US federal income tax return and other tax
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate
timing and inputs with tax team.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing
responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments,
communicate the effects of these developments to management and the
tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Manage and mentor members of tax team to greater levels of
effectiveness and engagement.
---QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Experience Required:
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance, and procedures for
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability
to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting
best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of
other tax team members.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to
work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a
tax manager or public accountant role and at least 2 years of
experience in a management role. Preferred candidates have a
current CPA license and a master's degree in an accounting
discipline. The Tax Manager must be proficient with the following
- Strong skills and experience with Word, Outlook, Excel,
QuickBooks and UltraTax
Keywords: Credo CFOs & CPAs, Alpharetta , Tax Professional, Accounting, Auditing , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!