Associate Account Executive/ Market-Facing Underwriter, Financial Institutions P&C
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for
this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad
range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual
salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors,
including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the
skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the
candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our
comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also
eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary
Range$77,200.00 - $127,400.00Target Openings1What Is the
Opportunity?Solid reputation, passionate people and endless
opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength
and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for
our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find
Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly
can make a difference.
The Bond and Specialty Insurance division of Travelers is seeking
to add an Associate Account Executive (Underwriter) to our
Financial Institutions team. This is an opportunity to join a
successful, dedicated, and collaborative team of underwriters in a
highly visible and challenging role. Associate Account Executives
(Underwriters) have the opportunity to build a unique and rewarding
career at an Industry leader within a highly specialized niche of
the Insurance Industry.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
support flexibility.What Will You Do?Underwriting in Financial
Institutions is a dynamic blend of the following:
- Financial analysis/risk assessment: gather and analyze
pertinent information in order to evaluate the acceptability of
business risk within assigned book of business
- Marketing: build and maintain relationships with agents,
brokers, and insured clients to help achieve business goals
- New business development and retention: sell to, negotiate
with, and influence agents and brokers to manage a profitable book
of businessUtilizing Travelers' extensive amount of resources and
tools, a Financial Institutions Associate Account Executive
(Underwriter) will have the opportunity to make an impact and will:
- Develop underwriting skills, product knowledge, and
understanding of business unit strategy
- Support the management of a high quality, diverse, and complex
customer base across multiple industries
- Partner with other high performing underwriters, senior
leadership, and a highly specialized internal Claim organization to
execute business unit underwriting strategy
- Build and maintain successful relationships with assigned
agents and brokers
- Work with manager to design, develop, and implement a
broker/agency sales and marketing plan specific to assigned
- Learn to leverage Industry leading product expertise and data
analytics to identify new business opportunities
- Develop personally and professionally through training,
mentorship, active management support, and a wide variety of career
development resourcesExperience Travelers' unique culture which is
collaborative, supportive, and values the need to balance work and
lifeWhat Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Typically has a minimum of 1-3 years of work
- Demonstrates a fundamental understanding of the local
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn about Travelers and BU
critical business issues and financial drivers.
- Is able to apply that understanding to the sales plan, pricing
strategy and underwriting strategy.Product Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of BU products/coverages and pricing and the
linkages to strategy.
- Understands organizational and regulatory rules, policies and
procedures and effectively employs that knowledge in day-to-day
- Able to proficiently use all Bond and Specialty Insurance
- Can negotiate skillfully in routine situations. Able to gain
the trust of others quickly.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes,
performance and results.
- Can identify current or future problems or opportunities; able
to analyze, synthesize and compare information to understand
issues; able to identify cause/effect relationships and can explore
alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Able to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity,
change or strenuous demands.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written and listening
- Can provide service excellence to internal or external
- Able to exercise sound judgment, make decisions and commit to a
- Has the ability to work with and include people from different
backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and views those
differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals
- Can seek out, build, foster, and maintain productive
relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve
- Can work with others in situations where a team is mutually
responsible to produce a result.
- Can takes ideas different from own seriously; able to share
responsibility and collaborate with others; accepts criticism
- Able to self-reflect on strengths and weaknesses and is willing
- Can seek out experiences that may change perspective or provide
an opportunity to learn new things.
- Can act as a role model for employees and keeps a positive
- Acts in accordance with stated values; follows through on
promises; uses ethical considerations to guide decisions and
- A current/valid drivers license is required.What is a Must
- A minimum of 1 year of related professional experience is
- A current/valid drivers license is required.What Is in It for
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days of Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your
choice.#LI-HybridEmployment PracticesTravelers is an equal
opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents
each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we
benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.To learn more about our
comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Alpharetta , Associate Account Executive/ Market-Facing Underwriter, Financial Institutions P&C, Accounting, Auditing , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!