Senior Product Analyst
Posted on: February 13, 2019
What does a great Sr. Consumer Data Analyst do?
The Senior Analyst provides business analysis and strategy expertise to the Strategic Insights team, serving both external and internal audiences by independently monitoring, understanding, and communicating trends in the market and consumer behaviors that directly impact how our products are leveraged and adopted in the marketplace. This role will work closely with the Strategic Insights Business Strategy manager to help drive the strategy of reporting as a product, including all reporting, data and analytics products offered to Fiservs financial institution clients under the Insights Assist/Partner Advantage product family, in support of the data monetization goals of the organization as well as internal groups that also support Fiservs financial institution clients. In addition, the Senior Analyst will assist in the evaluation of the reports and data files delivered to external financial institution clients and in providing recommendations on improvements that can be made.
The Senior Analyst, along with the Business Strategy manager, will partner closely with the Consumer Analytics Manager, the Business Development Manager, Product and Business Intelligence on the development of the Strategic Insights strategy, roadmap, timing, deliverables, and go-to-market plans and execution, and help to ensure the Strategic Insights roadmap initiatives align with client and Fiserv goals to drive growth and revenue for ePayments products. This role will also provide guidance and input to the cost structure for client facing deliverables while identifying additional areas for monetization through client engagements. In addition, this role will partner with key business stakeholders to understand how to design metrics and KPIs and analytic views to identify, measure and track the business growth opportunities for external clients of Fiserv ePayments.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the senior analyst includes analytical support of the reporting products under the Insights Assist product family, including self-service, dashboards, and interactive analytics tools, along with gathering feedback and requirements from users of those products for use in identifying opportunities for enhancements as well as new product offerings.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Quantifies business intelligence with economic models to evaluate new opportunities for client-facing deliverables, including those that are revenue-generating; presents findings clearly and makes recommendations for action.
- In partnership with the Business Development and Business Insights & Data Monetization teams, seeks out new market insights and business opportunities through research and analysis
- Drive monetization of premium insights, analytics and reporting, including Self Service and On Demand Reporting, Custom Reporting, KPI Dashboards, Interactive Insights Dashboards, and other business development deliverables.
- Produce analysis that highlights current trends in the account base, as well as when trends are impacted by market forces; assist in the analysis of data to answer specific business questions asked by clients and internal business groups.
- Synthesize analysis findings and communicate them to our partners in order to drive further understanding of the business and influence joint activities between Fiserv and our Financial Institution clients.
- Collect data from various sources for use in business focused analysis. May involve combining, summarizing, developing new metrics, and addressing data quality issues.
- Helps to establish and nurture cross-departmental relationships to ensure data, reporting and analytics needs are identified and brought to the forefront of our product and account management processes and strategy.
- Work in a matrix team environment with key groups served by and engaged in reporting, data, files and business intelligence and insights, assisting in the representation of reporting strategy at meetings or discussions with ePayments, Business Intelligence, Biller Solutions, Finance, Legal, Account Executives, Client Services Management, and helping to ensure product strategy is actively engaged in Agile processes and workflows as appropriate.
- Consults with users to perform needs analysis and determine appropriate solutions for reporting, analysis and business development services.Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 5+ years of analytics/consulting or similar experience required to demonstrate ability to interact with clients, peers and senior leadership in an analytic-focused environment related to marketing and or product strategy/execution.
- Strong business and data analytics experience
- Strong experience with strategy development and execution
- Client management and relationship building skills; experience with external clients preferredPreferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Masters Degree in Analytics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, or related field preferred.
- Excellent business and data analytics skills
- Deep problem solving and research capabilities
- Strong consultative skills
- Demonstrated ability to support business functions through reporting and data analysis
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Must have strong communications skills, be able to articulate solutions, and be comfortable participating on a team that may challenge those solutions
- Skilled at active listening and capable of facilitating discussions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio) and various browsers
- Proficient with Structured Query Language (SQL) and data profiling.
- Proficient with SAS/statistical analysis and modeling
- Experience with the full development lifecycle process
- Familiar with SAP Business Objects, particularly Design Studio and Lumira
- Familiar with Tableau
- Agile development methodology experience a plus
- Familiarity with online banking or mobile banking or other e-enabling financial services products/servicesTravel required: Ability to travel up to 20 percent domestically if needed
Who We Are:
The purpose of the Strategic Insights Team is to provide meaningful data in an easily consumable format that is used to make strategic decisions to grow adoption and usage of ePayments products.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Keywords: Fiserv, Alpharetta , Senior Product Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!