AVP, Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Role Summary/Purpose:Provide key assistance to the Regulatory Reporting process through the performance of Quality Assurance oversight and detailed transaction level testing within the FinanceControllership team. Partner closely with Finance Controllership, Regulatory Reporting Team, Internal Audit Team, Legal/Compliance, and Regulators, in support of all applicable regulatory agencies andtheir reports, leading to the improvement of the overall data quality, internal controls oversight, and enterprise-wide awareness and accountability of the firm s regulatory environment.Essential Responsibilities:
- Support the overall Regulatory Reporting function in Finance Controllership by providing an independent assessment of the regulatory reports production process and enhancing regulatory reporting environment risk awareness.
- Assessing the quality of the regulatory reporting production process utilizing a risk-based testing approach.
- Maintaining/enhancing control and oversight environment including deep dive quality reviews and validation of the Regulatory Reports.
- Assisting key stakeholders in remediating findings and gaps identified during the Quality Assurance process
- Collaborating with report owners and data providers to formulate remediating steps that will enhance the control environment and help develop appropriate and complimentary testing.
- Assist in responding to and coordinating to ensure the timely closure of Internal Audit findings and Regulator exceptions identified during examinations
- Assist in building a wider awareness of regulatory change management expectation across the firm by proactively engaging business and other shared functions on regulatory related issues.
- Assist with developing written reports of findings and communicating within established timeframes with senior level management.
- Assist in managing regulator contacts/liaison and coordinating onsite exams, and related correspondence
- Assist regulatory reporting team in providing oversight of firm-wide compliance of the firm s Accountability Policy.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assignedQualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance or lieu of degree, 10 years relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years Financial Accounting experience in Banking or Financial Services industry, including basic knowledge of offered productsDesired Characteristics:
- MBA or Professional Certificate a plus
- Audit / oversight experience a plus
- CPA Certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of financial services organization or support, internal controls framework and regulatory functions
- Experience in regulatory framework, regulatory interaction, including detailed knowledge and understanding of key regulatory reports, such as the FR Y-9C, FR Y-9LP, FFIEC 041, FR 2900, and FR Y-11
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects/manage priorities and drive each to completion
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment; attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to interpret and apply various regulatory reports instructions and guidance
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint) and systems and analytical tools including Hyperion databases and Oracle discovererEligibility Requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a consistently meets expectations performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don t meet the time in position or performance requirement).Legal authorization to work in the U. S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.The salary range for this position is 60,000. 00 130,000. 00 USD AnnualSalaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.Grade/Level: 10
Keywords: Synchrony, Alpharetta , AVP, Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance, Accounting, Auditing , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!