Senior Test Automation Engineer
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: January 16, 2020
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. As an employee you ll take part in our mission to become
the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities
and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an
ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for starting off
with manual testing and eventually progressing to building test
automation frameworks & writing automation scripts from inception
and testing client-side APIs, rich user interfaces and thick-client
applications. They have an opportunity to play a key role in
developing test automation strategy and mentoring junior automation
engineers using industry best practices and working collaboratively
with cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers,
architects, principal engineers, software engineers and devops. The
position will help improve test coverage and project turnaround
How you will make an impact:
* Understands the full application functionality, develops test
cases and performs manual testing as well as automation
* Architects, designs and implements test automation frameworks
from the ground up into a continuous integration and execution
* Establishes a set of smoke and regression tests for multiple
applications that can run in a CI/CD environment, potentially
across various devices.
* Sets up an integration testing framework with mock endpoints so
that apps can be quickly validated.
* Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect
densities and open defect counts.
* Collaborates with our Engineering teams on best practices,
process changes and standards as part of continuous process
* Coordinates with the scrum team and development counterparts in
overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and
What we look for:
* Experience with end to end manual testing for enterprise grade
* Strong understanding of web-development technologies, including
SQL, HTML, CSS, JS, Spring, Hibernate, XML, HTTP protocol;
debugging tools like Postman, firebug, charles, IE Developer tools
and code profiling tools like jProfiler.
* Experience testing Pega applications or microservice based
applications highly desired.
* Experience with shell scripting, Unix-like environments and
* Experience developing non-browser based test automation,
especially Windows based applications.
* Experience developing and maintaining test automation frameworks
* Extensive knowledge and prior experience with Scrum, Agile
* Strong problem solving and communication skills.
Benefits and perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , Senior Test Automation Engineer, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!