Big Data Cloud Engineer
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global information solutions company that uses trusted
unique data, creative analytics, technology and industry expertise
to power organizations and individuals around the world by
transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed
business and personal decisions.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work
of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the
marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology
to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich
both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation
across the enterprise. This will include tool and process
integrations across all business units within Equifax globally.Job
Description SummaryThe Bigdata engineer will be part of global
Analytics team implementing and supporting leading edge analytical
solutions on Hadoop Clusters in AWS, GCP and/or On-Prem. You should
be passionate about system administration, implementation
challenges and learning new technologies, and willing to improve
and support Hadoop clusters on-prem and in cloud. Considering that
we are working in distributed teams between United States, India
and Chile to perform research and development on how to improve our
analytical assets in USA, Australia, Europe, Canada and Latin
America, you should be a great teammate and have flexibility to
work in moving time spans, given the time zone differences between
- The individual in this position will be responsible for guiding
global teams on the technical design and implementation of
Analytical platforms in AWS and GCP using cloud native big data
- Implement BigData solutions in AWS, GCP and/or on-prem.
- Be able to install and update various analytical tools required
(ex. RStudio, Anaconda Notebooks, Tableau, SAS, and Spotfire).
- Be able to solve issues with analytical tools and clearly
explain the same to other admins and tool vendors.
- Document of installations, user on-boarding, and standard
methodologies. Ensure that procedures and infrastructure details
are properly documented and shared among the team.
- Interact with users continuously to address their issues and
search for the optimum usage pattern to propagate.
- Solving issues, performance tuning, security remediation/patch
management, Upkeep of the platforms
- Deploy/implement new instances of our financial product
(Customer facing Analytical platform) in the cloud through cloud
formation templates and/or on-prem setup.
- Ensure that every cluster and services, are always available
without performance issues, using monitoring and alerting
- Learn about all the technologies involved in the project. We
expect our engineers to be well-rounded and be able to support
- Work in a privileged account security architecture, caring
about all the security policies involved
- Propose new and better ways to tackle problems from technology
view or process view. Be part of the technical and procedural
solutions being worked by the team.
What makes you a great fit for this role?
- You have attained your Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or a
related field) and have minimum 3 years of experience working in
Technology in building, designing and maintaining enterprise class
- AWS or GCP certification is preferred.
- Should have experience with integrating bigdata tools with
Hadoop and solving issues related to tools like R, Python, Hive,
Hue, Anaconda Notebooks, Tableau, and Spotfire.
- You have experience with core Java development
- Should have experience solving queries, jobs, and performance
issues on the platform.
- Hands on experience Configuring and Administering SCM(GIT,
SVN), Build (CMake, Make files, Maven), Nexus, CI(Jenkins), CD
- Experience designing and enabling services in AWS or GCP using
Terraform or Cloud Formation scripts.
- Integrating Public Cloud Services with enterprise LDAP and
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer an excellent compensation packages with high-reaching
market salaries and 401k matching, along with the works:
comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, work from
home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
Primary Location:USA-Atlanta JV WhiteFunction:Function - Tech Dev
and Client ServicesSchedule:Full time
Keywords: Equifax, Alpharetta , Big Data Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!