Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Posted on: May 23, 2020
Requisition ID: 1836
Job Title: Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Country: United States (US)
Here at Avanos Medical, we passionately believe in three
- Making a difference in our products, services and offers, never
ceasing to fight for groundbreaking solutions in everything we
- Making a difference in how we work and collaborate, constantly
nurturing our nimble culture of innovation;
- Having an impact on the healthcare challenges we all face, and
the lives of people and communities around the world.
At Avanos you will find an environment that strives to be
independent and different, one that supports and inspires you to
excel and to help change what medical devices can deliver, now and
in the future.
Avanos is a medical device company focused on delivering clinically
superior breakthrough solutions that will help patients get back to
the things that matter. We are committed to creating the next
generation of innovative healthcare solutions which will address
our most important healthcare needs, such as reducing the use of
opioids while helping patients move from surgery to recovery.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we develop, manufacture and
market recognized brands in more than 90 countries. Avanos Medical
is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol
AVNS. For more information, visit www.avanos.com.
The major purpose of this position is to lead the necessary
on-going activities required to support existing products. These
activities include but are not limited to: identifying strategic
focus areas for continuous improvements and product/process
enhancements as it relates to supplier management; monitoring and
measuring the overall performance of Avanos' global suppliers,
Managing the SRB process, ensuring compliance with EUMDR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within cross functional teams drive compliance of the
supplier management system within the overall quality
- Work with procurement to ensure an intuitive process for new
- Work with the compliance team to ensure supplier audits are
conducted as needed
- Provide engineering assistance for complaint investigations to
drive successful investigations with good root cause. Including
implementing the Root Cause Analysis concepts to investigation
issues requiring Corrective and Preventative Actions; and
initiation of action events as a result of complaint investigations
and follow-up on effectiveness of those actions as it relates to
products manufactured by contract manufacturers
- Proactively interact with members of sustaining engineering and
R&D to drive resolution of failure analysis for product
malfunctions. Including initiation of Risk Analysis and Medical
Evaluations resulting from the complaint investigation and reviews,
escalating as appropriate.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.
- Prepare documentation and reports for Senior Management,
Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Affairs and support each product
platform with data and post market support as needed
- Lead the monthly supplier review board meeting
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Science or related
- A minimum of seven (7) years of collective experience in
supplier management within Quality Assurance, R&D or related
field in a medical device environment.
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent customer service,
leadership and communication skills with co-workers and
- Must be team-oriented with an ability to coach others.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, oral and written
- CQE certification or Six Sigma Certification
- FDA QSR, MDD 93/42/EEC, ISO 13485, CMDR, Statistical Analysis
Tools, Minitab, SAP, Document Control software such as EtQ or
Agile, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing.
Avanos Medical is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a current
employee of Avanos, please apply here .
Join us at Avanos
Join us and you can make a difference in our products, solutions
and our culture. Most of all, you can make a difference in the
lives, people, and communities around the world.
Make your career count
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others
begins with our employees - through a comprehensive and competitive
range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary - our Total
Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee;
your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life
free onsite gym - onsite cafeteria - 401(k) + 6% match - immediate
vesting - benefits on day 1 - uncapped sales commissions - HQ
region voted 'best place to live' by USA Today
Keywords: Avanos, Alpharetta , Senior Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!