Sr DevOps Engineer
Posted on: September 12, 2020
WHAT DOES A GREAT SR DEVOPS ENGINEER DO?
Leading and coordinating Infrastructure and business projects from
a technology perspective, ensuring that infrastructure development
activities are consistent with the direction set by best practices
and standards at Fiserv. You will also be an escalation point of
contact for application support issues, and is required to be able
to handle challenging issues related to supporting various
applications and systems. Participation in an active on-call
rotation is vital to maintaining acceptable levels of service
delivery for clients.
AS A SR. DEVOPS ENGINEER, YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
* Providing support for the efficient resolution of IT
infrastructure related incidents, service requests and update
service desk management systems accordingly.
* Responding to application support escalations which involve
solving technical issues and resolving data/configuration
* Collaborating with multiple internal teams across disparate
groups to resolve client support issues
* Crafting and maintaining documentation for operational procedures
* Providing after-hours and on-call support for client service
* Crafting and maintaining Continuous/Integration and
Continuous/Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines to automata deployments.
* Crafting and maintaining our applications in a Cloud Computing
environment using AWS, Apigee PCF, Kubernetes, and Docker
* Implementing consistency to architectural standards/principles,
global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards,
* Working with Product Management and Engineering to review
software improvements and provide design feedback
* Coordinating with peers on sophisticated projects as required
(e.g. data center modifications, build-out for DR sites.)
* Serving as a liaison between infrastructure operations and the
vendors to address performance issues or problem analysis and see
them through to resolution
* Coordinating performance analysis, recommendations, and
improvements within the hosting infrastructure
* Translating Business/Technical requirements into High level and
Low Level Design documents.
* Determining and detailing sophisticated software or system
* Collecting requirements in close cooperation with Product and
other non-technical staff
* Reviewing, implementing and supporting Enterprise Security
solutions including Web Service Security, SSL Mutual
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field
* 6+ years IT experience
* Experience in Systems Architecture/ Application Integrations/
Application Support/ Application Deployments.
* Demonstrable experience with Software Configuration Managements
and DEVOPS tools (GIT, Jenkins, Sonar)
* Experience with SDLC, Agile development and Waterfall
* Hands on experience in UNIX & shell scripting.
* Experience implementing web services and web service interfaces
using WSDL, XSD, XML, SOAP/REST frameworks and technologies
* Strong user/admin experience with Linux/Unix command line
* Solid experience with monitoring systems such as Splunk, App
* Expertise in networking protocols, networking and routing
* Expertise in reviewing, implementing and supporting Enterprise
Security solutions including Web Service Security, SSL Mutual
* Expertise in Web & Application servers including JBoss and
* Experience with Cloud technologies IaaS, PaaS, AWS (highly
* Experience with Mobile Payments (highly recommended)
WHO WE ARE: Fiserv s Universal Commerce (uCom) enables commerce to
follow consumers across omni-channel devices, including mobile
phones, connected cars, and IoT devices. By providing connectivity
to otherwise disparate merchants such as automakers and gas
stations, or restaurants and sports venues uCom effectively bridges
the gap between digital and brick-and-mortar commerce, powering a
frictionless consumer experience while allowing businesses to
maximize their footprint in the digital world.
Fiserv s uCom safely and securely enables payments, through any
channel, and is compatible with a wide array of payment methods.
The solution also enables frictionless payment experiences like
order-ahead, pay-at-the-table, pay-at-pump, scan and go, delivery
and pickup, in-car ordering, loyalty payments, and more.
LEARN MORE ABOUT FISERV: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know
most people aren t thinking about financial services But we are. We
help people and businesses move money and information every minute
of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We re
Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative
financial services experiences that are in step with the way people
live and work today. The company s approximately 44,000 associates
proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their
customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they
need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money
and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500
company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World s Most Admired Companies
for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and
purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with
Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
WE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGE DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE. FISERV IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DISABILITY/VET
Keywords: Fiserv, Alpharetta , Sr DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!