Principal Azure Engineer - Atlanta, GA
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food
retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than
200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are
associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently
named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are
largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as
well as our premier customer service. Publix s Information Services
(I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta,
Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the
information technology required for all Publix business units
including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments.
The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information
technology to Publix associates and customers.
- Provide oversight and experience with your strong understanding
of Cloud services, DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including
compute, storage, networking, Security, Kubernetes, service mesh,
CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
- Define and drive automation framework for Cloud infrastructure
provisioning and configuration management, self-service,
Infrastructure-as-Code services, Auto Scale initiatives, and DevOps
deployment and drive cloud strategy to move towards IaaS, PaaS, and
SaaS cloud models.
- Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new
cloud technologies leveraged by the development organization and
- Develop a baseline for deliverables to include; Network access,
Restriction of internet-facing resources within the cloud platform,
provision, and configure computer resources within the Azure
- Define and develop establish architectural standards that
promote DevOps practices such as infrastructure as a code and
continuous automated integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) and
optimizing solution architectures to manage costs and identify cost
- Provide expertise and serve as Subject Matter Expert regarding
Cloud for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft
- Work with application teams with their digital transformation
goals and provide cloud deployment orchestration, automation, and
security configuration management expertise.
- Work with applications team to draft and institutionalize cloud
security standards, reference architecture s, patterns, and
guidelines for Cloud-native development and migrations.
- Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects, and Cloud
Operations Team with any security-related issues that arise and
maintain a log of operational activities performed.
- Develop, maintain, and drive a continuous enhancement culture
for a robust knowledge management system for the Cloud Operations
team and its partners.
- Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations,
including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports
analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate
infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for
- Develop all aspects of the cloud migration initiative,
including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security.
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or a related analytical
field, or equivalent experience.
- MUST have AZ 301 and AZ 300 Azure Cloud Certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in configuring and using PaaS
offerings (like WebApp, Azure Database services, Azure Kubernetes,
Azure DataLake, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with using, configuring, implementing, and
troubleshooting network infrastructure connecting to Azure Public
Cloud Provider, including a deep understanding of and experience
with Cloud Infrastructure (VNETs, subnets, Network Security Groups,
route tables, ACLs); authentication policies, DNS, cloud storage
and domain management.
- Strong demonstrated experience in Azure Security Center, Azure
Key Vault, Log Analytics, and Azure Databricks.
- Experience in setting up enterprise-level account structures
and security models in Azure.
- Proven and demonstrated knowledge of depth knowledge of
cloud-based delivery models.
- Experience developing cybersecurity solutions across a diverse
and heterogeneous IT environment.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing security controls,
including access control, privileged access management, data
security, network security, data loss prevention, cloud security,
vulnerability management, configuration management, privacy, and
- Build automation handling large numbers of diverse systems with
configuration management and automation systems like Azure DevOps
(VSTS,) Docker and Terraform
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience
with communicating with other teams via calls, chats, and
- Hands-on experience writing effective terraform scripts
- Hands-on experience with Azure Resource Templates based on best
- Hands-on experience with Azure policies
- Hands-on experience migrating Apps to the cloud
- Familiarity with 1 or more version control systems (Git,
Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Minimum of 8 years of experience configuring direct connections
to the cloud from on-premise, gateways, virtual networks, and
security segmentation technologies in a production
- Production experience with a hybrid cloud configuration.
- Experience with Containers and Container orchestration
solutions: Kubernetes, AKS and Docker Swarm
- Experience developing software that is deployed to the
- Experience writing scripts in PowerShell.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with Azure Cosmos DB and/or MongoDB.
- Experience working Azure.
- Passed one or more Azure certification exams.
- Experience with VSTS/Azure DevOps deployments.
- Experience with big data clustering technologies (Hadoop,
Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.). Employee stock ownership plan that
contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer,
vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays
with their manager s approval: New Year s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth
of July, and Labor Day).
- provided by Dice
Keywords: Publix, Alpharetta , Principal Azure Engineer - Atlanta, GA, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!