Lead Performance Engineer
Company: Macy's Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Overview: The Performance Lead is responsible to provide
application and system architectural issues, design alternatives,
tuning recommendations, and performance validation using state of
the art telemetry systems and tools. The successful candidate will
have a passion for performance engineering and be an evangelist to
communicate the team's vision across the organization. The role
requires strong cross-division collaboration with Multiple teams
and flexibility in schedule. The Lead Engineer role in Macy's
Technology is a hands-on leader in the design and development of
cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. Translate
business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed
application systems that are used by the business and support these
systems while in production. Interface with internal customers to
determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet
business requirements and designs, develops, tests, installs, and
deploys the required software applications. Essential
- Drive NFR/Performance requirements for application and system
- Participate and review the requirements and develop designs for
potential performance implications and suggest the design changes
- Work closely with application development and architects, to
design solutions for performance and scalability validations with
shift left and White box testing approaches.
- Experienced in understanding complex application topologies and
architecture including Application hosted on the cloud and define
performance approach and strategy.
- Ensure timely identification of performance issues and
escalating them as warranted.
- Championing efforts to improve the team's productivity and
efficiency in performance testing and analysis through automation
and other means.
- Create clear and concise test plans, test scripts, results
summaries, trend analysis, status reports, and presentations.
- Partner with various external teams to construct inclusive and
concise architectural designs, roadmaps, and robust solutions in a
- Participate in the full SDLC (RUP/Agile/Lean), including
meetings, estimations, planning, and design sessions.
- Work with teams to help with adoption of tools, technical
strategies, architecture guidelines through efficient
- Remain abreast of industry trends, plan and lead
practice/technology evaluations & POC.
- Serve as a coach/mentor to less experienced developers.
- Manage and delegate tasks as appropriate.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find
better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives. Set clear,
measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven
- Communicate & share knowledge with the enterprise through case
studies, standards and best practice publications, presentations,
newsletters, and town hall meetings.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and 6+
years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Hands on experience with debugging and tuning of Application
servers, JVM, GC, heap, and thread dump analysis, OS and database
analysis, and messaging server related performance issues.
- Experience with load testing tools such as JMeter, Rational
Performance Tester, and LoadRunner, Cavisson NetStorm.
- Experience with high volume distributed systems is
- Experience in Contact Centers a plus.
- Experience in working on cloud technologies, preferably cloud
native on Google Cloud Platform would be a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of event-driven architecture (EDA) and
service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Experience in CI/CD, DevOps process and tools and
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the application flow and
- Experience with tools & technologies such as Prometheus,
Grafana, StackDriver, Distributed tracing, AppDynamics, Dynatrace,
NewRelic, PagerDuty, WireShark is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management and
key business partners.
- Enjoys working with collaboratively with a wide variety of
teams within and outside domain.
- Highly motivated person with the ability to learn new
technologies hands on an ongoing basis.
- Enjoys learning new things with the ability to quickly adopt
and apply.Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to perform solid analysis/troubleshooting to determine
code and process inefficiencies.
- Ability to consider options and make decisions to improve
- Independently identifies, defines, and performs analysis to
resolve code issues.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc.
reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's
is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and
inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and
Bloomingdale's - will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49
and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
Keywords: Macy's Inc., Alpharetta , Lead Performance Engineer, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!