Senior Security Engineer (Azure)
Company: Quest Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Quest Solutions Inc is seeking a talented Senior Security
Engineer for a contract to hire role in Alpharetta, GA or Clive,
IA. Most Import Skills
- Locations: Alpharetta, GA or Clive, IA
- Status: Eligible for Contract to Hire
- This Engineer should have a wide array of security experience,
not just focused on one area of security.
- The candidate should have experience working with Azure cloud
- Other areas of focus would be the deployment of Rapid 7 and
Varonis, Web Application Firewalls, DLP, and Azure APD/ADFS.
Looking for a combination of these skills, but they do not need to
have all of them.
- CISSP is required Overview:We are seeking a talented Senior
Security Engineer that will have a deep technical background,
substantial hands-on experience, and passion for information
security along with a desire to champion best practices. This role
is responsible for performing all engineering functions required to
support day-to-day data security operations, including supporting
and maintaining a broad suite of information security
infrastructure. This role is required to participate in the
planning, design, installation, and maintenance of security systems
in support of confidentiality, integrity, and availability. This
role is accountable for reviewing security configurations on
systems and networking infrastructure components, providing
guidance on availability and integrity, and monitoring compliance
with regulatory requirements, and security standards. This role is
instrumental in the assessment of technology risk and in addressing
security issues, coordinating and executing remediation activities
alongside technology partners across the organization.
- Design, document and deploy cyber security systems that will be
used across the environment.
- Develop and carry out information security plans and
- Provide design validation and troubleshooting for new
technology and major changes within the environment.
- Define, document and enforce standards, processes, procedures,
and workflows within the team to better streamline the group as a
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the
data residing on or transmitted to/from/through the enterprise
- Participate in defining best of class security practices for
enterprise networks providing high-volume financial services
- Participate in maintenance windows where applicable.
- Collaborate with other technology groups and technology
architects on product strategy discussions.
- Partner with the Cybersecurity Operations team to improve tool
usage and workflow in maturation of monitoring and response
- Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in
detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
- On-call resource for Incident Response and operational
- Researches, develops, and keeps abreast of tools, techniques
and process improvements in support of cybersecurity threats and
countermeasures. Maintain working knowledge of advanced threat
detection as the industry evolves.
- Actively engages in the performance of Incident Response
activities, including but not limited to, triage, escalation,
conducting post-mortem and lessons learned review meetings, as well
as remediation tracking.
- Leverage knowledge in multiple security disciplines, such as
Windows, UNIX, Linux, data loss prevention (DLP), file integrity
monitoring (FIM), endpoint controls, databases, wireless security,
data networking and encryption, to offer solutions for a complex
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field or 5+ years
equivalent work experience in Cybersecurity.
- 7 or more years of IT technical experience with 5+ years'
broad-based experience in security engineering. Specialized
expertise a plus.
- Minimum, 5+ years of security engineering experience in mid to
large IT organization.
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS 3.2.
- 5+ years of experience with SIEM deployment and log
- 5+ years of hands on and progressive information security
design and implementation experience in a security engineering role
- Exceptional planning, organization, communication,
presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization, documentation, and
business analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in
a team environment.
- Experience with network, server, and appliance secure
configuration (hardening) using frameworks such as CIS, DISA, and
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IdAM)
solutions. Experience with Privileged Identity/Access Management
(PIM/PAM), a plus.
- Excellent hands-on experience with firewalls (perimeter and web
application). F5 ASM experienced preferred.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of TCP/IP protocols,
network/packet analysis and intrusion detection/prevention.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of Data Loss Prevention
- Excellent experience and knowledge of Azure security controls,
including InTune, MDM, MAM, and Autopilot.
- Advanced experience with Anti-virAnti-malware products, and
endpoint security control solutions, and URL filtering.
- Advanced experience with Vulnerability Management
- Advanced experience with scripting languages - PowerShell,
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess security patch and
service pack releases and their associated impact, as well as an
understanding of patch management systems.
- Experience working with a variety of security-related platforms
and services, including: SIEM systems, Threat Intelligence
platforms, Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR)
solutions, Encryption technologies, File Integrity Monitoring
(FIM), and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Experience troubleshooting security control related
technologies and solutions.
- Experience with Public Key Cryptography (PKI) and deep
understanding and knowledge of cryptography.
- Experience with NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, IS 27001, PCI-DSS and
SOC standards. FFIEC, NCUA, GLBA a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of security best practices and
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related
product issues as required.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative
- The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough
and complete support.
- Demonstrates highly effective verbal/written communication
skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, and influence.
- Has an excellent attention to detail, highly analytical and
problem-solving mindset. Able to identify process improvement
opportunities, separate key issues, consider alternatives or
multiple solutions, and effectively make recommendations.
- Experience in managing change in a fast paced, complex
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Preferred security-related certifications (e.g. SSCP, ISSEP,
ISSAP, CCSP, CCNP, MCSE, C-EH, OSCP, OSWE, GWEB, GPEN, CFCE,
- CISSP required.
- PMP a plus. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Quest Solutions, Inc., Alpharetta , Senior Security Engineer (Azure), Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!