Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Position DescriptionADP is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer.
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by
transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every
- Do you enjoy resolving issues and being the go-to person?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment
with a culture of collaboration and belonging? Well, this may be
the role for you. Ready to design whats next?In this role, you will
support thousands of our developers who are using public cloud and
on-premise private cloud services. Every day, youll be the go-to
for all Amazon Web Services. Whether managing access to our
accounts, learning new systems, or developing automation, youll
support needs that arise and fix any issues.To thrive in this
career, youll need product development experience leading a
development team that solves problems using Python and React on the
front-end for web components. You should have experience with
public and private sector governance and have ideas on the
continual improvement of our systems. Our best Cloud Engineers are
enthusiastic creators and continuous learners who stay current on
new technology. Theyre always looking for new ways to make tools
better for our users. Pace should not scare you. We still find time
for a healthy dose of fun.Like what you see? Apply now!Learn more
about ADP at tech.adp.com/careersA little about ADP: We are a
global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine
learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We
believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an
inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages
innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work,
DiversityInc-- Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women,
LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADPs
commitment on our YouTube channel:
http://adp.careers/DEI_VideosWHAT YOULL DO:Heres what you can
expect on a typical day:
- Well start every day with a scrum, working together to
understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate
- Collaboration and Communication. Youll be the point person for
developers and operations when they need to find a solution
quickly. Youll listen to their needs, find a solution and share
- Were working on products with tech we have never used before.
Inevitable challenges will arise, and well rely on you to look for
- Were always learning new codes and investigating open source
communities for best practices. Knowing what questions to ask is
more important than knowing the right answers.
- Variety of work. Your experience building and supporting large
distributed systems in the hybrid cloud space will allow you to
balance this roles many priorities. Youre the go-to when things go
wrong. Youre always learning new services in AWS and providing
governance in terms of costs and compliance. Youll be paged with
production issues and expected to jump in to support those changes
- Lead and Manage. You are working with engineers of 5 to 8
engineers, Deliver software products within resource constraints
(schedule, budget, staff), high quality, meet specified functional
requirements, Investigate optimal Java-based software solutions;
architect, design, implement and test those solutions.A college
degree is great but not required. Whats more important is having
the skills and experience to do the job.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will support services prior to production via
infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing,
capacity planning and launch reviews and automate system
scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency,
performance and efficiency.
- Architect, design and implement secure solutions utilizing AWS,
MS Azure and VMware environments, ensuring adherence to with
architecture, compliance and security standards.
- Design and implement extensions to our existing DevOps,
Containers and CI/CD tools.
- Deploy/implement new instances of our product in the cloud
through Ansible/Terraform templates and/or on-prem setup.
- Monitor and manage cloud and data center operations of SaaS and
Enterprise IT applications and environments, ensuring system
performance objectives are being maintained.
- Use Agile methods Scrum to organize project deliverables, to
track and to report progress.
- Support operations, meeting reliability and capacity
- Participate in rotating on-call duties.
- Participate in timely post-mortems of production
- Drive quarterly objectives to completion (OKRs).TO SUCCEED IN
- Prior experience that would give you extra comfort in the role
- At least five years of recent experience as a hands-on
architect in the hybrid cloud space
- An example of the same or similar technologies: Java,
Kubernetes, Kafka, Linux, SQL, Public Cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools (Jenkins,
Ansible, Git, CloudFormation/Terraform/Anisble, or similar)
- Experience with Terraform to deploy Docker containers on top of
- Experience/knowledge with Windows, Linux, and UNIXoperating
systems and Red hat migration and storage management
- Experience with Data Center migration and Data
- Experience with application telemetry, monitoring and alerting
solutions (Splunk, CloudWatch or similar)
- Experience with Cloud solutions i.e. AWS (VPC, EC2, S3, ECS,
EKS, RDS, ALB/NLB)
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime
environment, including automation experience with configuration
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols
and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)YOULL LOVE WORKING HERE
BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how
associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up,
be an owner, and challenge one anothers ideas to find the best
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using
strong judgment and good instincts. Were obsessed with the art of
achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with
other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one
another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen,
stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to
leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and
solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us.
We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients
and our community and humbly give back to the community where we
live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADPs
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to
impact lasting change through our actions.
Keywords: ADP, Alpharetta , Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!