Security Engineer I
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Posted on: January 11, 2022
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 12 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Engagement Resource Groups - Women in Tech, Pride Alliance,
Black Financial Technology Professionals, Veterans, and more to
come.THE OPPORTUNITY:We are seeking a talented Security Engineer I
, who has a passion for managing corporate security along with a
desire to champion best practices. This role performs all functions
required to support day-to-day data security operations; supports
and maintains a broad suite of information security infrastructure.
The Security Engineer I reviews security on systems and networking
infrastructure component availability and integrity, monitors
compliance with IT security policy, coordinates and executes
remediation together with the network and systems team.
Participates in the planning, design, installation, and maintenance
of security systems in support of security policies. The incumbent
works with Information Technology staff and business units to
assess risk and address security issues.WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD
- Design, document and deploy cyber security systems that will be
used across the environment.
- Develop and carry out information security plans and
- Provide design validation for new technology and major changes
within the environment.
- Define, document, and enforce standards, processes and
procedures within the team to better streamline the group as a
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the
data residing on or transmitted to/from/through the enterprise
- Participate in defining best of class security practices for
enterprise networks providing high-volume financial services
- Participate in maintenance windows where applicable.
- Collaborate with other technology groups and technology
architects on product strategy discussions.
- Develop or implement open source/third-party tools to assist in
detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
- On-call resource for Incident Response and operational
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban,
as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team
Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to
help complete and deliver the team commitments.WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO
- Minimum 2-3 years security engineering experience in mid to
large IT organization.
- Knowledge of PCI DSS 3.2.
- 1-2 years of experience of deploying applications behind a Web
- 1-2 years of experience with SIEM deployment and
- 2-3 years of hands on and progressive information security
design and implementation experience in a security engineering role
- Network routing, switching, packet analysis (preferred).
- Exceptional planning, organization, communication,
presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization, documentation, and
business analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in
a team environment.
- IDS/IPS experience with enterprise grade solutions.
- Expert hands-on experience with firewalls (perimeter and web
application) and knowledge of IP networking and network security
including Intrusion Detection, DMZ, encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs,
MPLS/VPLS, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL/VPN, proxy services, and
- Knowledge of security best practices and procedures.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related
product issues as required.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative
- The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough
and complete support.
- Effective communications, interpersonal, strong analytical and
- Organized, keen attention to detail, and efficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong background in network security related
technologies.REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field or 2-3
years equivalent work experience in Cyber Security.#ITHiring
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Alpharetta , Security Engineer I, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!