Advanced Wireless - RF Engineer I
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Innovate to solve the world's most important challengesThe
future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of
thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who
make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly
way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even
making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things.
That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic
career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are looking for an exceptional Principal Wireless Architect to
be part of our Architecture and Innovation group whose dream is to
live on the cutting edge of technology and ideate new connected
products that have a big impact on the organization. Your job will
be to define concepts, systems and architectures for wireless
systems addressing advanced communication, signal processing and
related architectures. If you are a free thinker, an extreme
self-starter, love an energetic, fast-paced work environment this
is the job you were waiting for. You have to be passionate about
tinkering with new technologies and developing IOT systems. You
have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Work collaboratively with a global team to create and execute
research and development programs related to Internet of
- Engage with NPI architects to analyze wireless/communication
system requirements based on wireless standards and product
- Drive internal and external team efforts to drive bring new
ideas and new features to HBT products
- Identify emerging technologies and drive integration of the
same into HBT products.
- Key stakeholder in defining Innovation roadmaps by working with
the Innovation hub leader.
- Develop wireless system prototypes including PHY, MAC and
- Participate in deep technical discussions of various new ideas
to identify the best solution for the customer.
- Take a hands-on role in defining the detailed RF system design,
component selection, hardware & software design, and
laboratory-based design verification.
- Conduct and/or participate in voice of customer meetings with
the prototypes to get end-user feedback and iterate to develop best
- Participate in and drive the definition of new platforms and
standards both internally and in external standards
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5 + years' experience WiFi/Radio
- 5 + years experience with WiFi, BLE & Cellular
- 5 + years' Embedded software/hardware experience
- Wireless protocols such as BLE, LoRA, ISA100.11a, Zigbee,
Thread, low-power WiFi
- Experienced in both RTOS based (eg FreeRTOS) and non-RTOS based
firmware systems (eg embedded Linux)
- Wireless system design and protocol development
- Mesh network protocols for routing and
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware and software
- Knowledge of wireless encryption technologies
- Understanding of wireless project requirements
- Ability to conceptualize new technologies, products and
- Be adept at rapid prototyping, integration and testing of
embedded systems and iterative development.
- Ability to find the correct balance between demand and capacity
when establishing priorities for the organization
- Consistently making timely decisions even in the face of
complexity, balancing systematic analysis with
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
- JOB ID: HRD167340
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3079 Premiere Pkwy Ste
- Business ServicesHoneywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Alpharetta , Advanced Wireless - RF Engineer I, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!