Principal Data Engineer
Posted on: September 18, 2023
When you join VerizonVerizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect around the world. We're a human network that
reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We
anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning
begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together-lifting up
our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world
forward. If you're fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence,
explore a career with us. Here, you'll discover the rigor it takes
to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the
#NetworkLife.What you'll be doing...The role will be responsible
for expanding and optimizing our data assets, data pipeline
architecture, data flow and data curation to enable network
programs including but not limited to Network Performance
Experience, Operational Excellence and Workforce Optimization. This
role folds IT expertise with architecture and design with a
comprehensive understanding of network service assurance, and
network operations data that will be consumed for Business
Analytics, Operational Analytics, Text Analytics, Data Services and
build Big Data Solutions for various Verizon Business units.
- Defining and driving end to end Data pipeline deployments
including roadmap, design and ensure execution excellence with
business outcome-oriented metrics.
- Driving data harmonization components to enable business value
generation for network services and operations to take proactive
action on time.
- Supporting the building prototypes and proof of concepts to
prove out integrated technologies and products and then driving
these POCs forward through implementations.
- Providing oversight and collaborating on pipeline
implementations to ensure governance, quality and observance.
- Leading junior team members on technical and functional
- Utilizing in-depth understanding of data warehousing
technologies as well as a wide breadth of knowledge spanning on
prem and cloud deployments to shape the future of enterprise wide
network big data ecosystem.
- Meeting business objectives by delivering high quality, on-time
and on-budget solutions utilizing a global talent pool spanning
employees, T&Ms and SOW labor.
- Working with onshore teams to oversee execution of tasks such
as development and population of data/ETL pipeline, testing results
with end users and providing operational (production) supportWhat
we're looking for...You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Experience in collaborating across a wide range of
internal/external teams with data engineers, architects, data
scientists and enterprise platform teams in designing and deploying
data products.Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science major or related
Engineering field and 10+ years of work experience. Even better if
you have a BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Science,
Engineering or other related fields.
- Programming experience in Back End Systems Development with
database technologies (SQL, NOSQL). Hands on experience in
designing and building data pipelines leveraging Python, Spark,
Flink, or Java
- Fluent understanding of best practices for building Data Lake
and analytical architectures on any Cloud Big Data toolset (Google
Cloud Platform most preferred) and Hadoop.
- Strong ability to apply business mindset to data issues and
initiatives. Ability to integrate cross-business strategies and
manage enterprise-wide global development resources.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, emerging trends and
issues, business and technology.
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodologies (example SAFE
Scaled Agile) and enabling tools (Jira, CI/CD and other DevOps
- Experience identifying potential areas of performance
improvement, problem avoidance, capacity limitation and work with
Engineering/Planning/Operations organizations for appropriate and
timely action.If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we
encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better"
qualification listed above.This role is eligible to be considered
for the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.Where you'll be
workingIn this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location
that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
manager.Scheduled Weekly Hours40Equal Employment Opportunity We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon, Alpharetta , Principal Data Engineer, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!