Test Engineer - Rail Traction Components
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is
what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of
infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in
the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run.
With modern maintenance solutions - from diagnostics to data-based
action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to
strategically planned modernization - we ensure your systems'
highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when
they need us - and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by
what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our
customers move the world.
The Test Engineer will be an integral part of driving the
successful introduction and ongoing production for rail components
manufactured within Siemens Rail Components in our Alpharetta, GA
facility. This role will work collaboratively within the U.S. and
globally to drive localization of international test setups,
provide test setup expertise, and optimize test activities for rail
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Responsible for all test infrastructure
- Troubleshooting equipment malfunction
- Defining and implementing equipment maintenance
- Test infrastructure improvement plans
- Responsible for New Product Introduction
- Review Test Requirements and ensure local infrastructure is
- Create / edit test procedures
- Confirm correct tester competencies to test new products. If
required, facilitates necessary training
- Provides feedback for the creation and maintenance of test
- Internal and Customer FAI support
- Attend Internal and Customer FAIs to support any questions
regarding test infrastructure.
- Continuous Improvement
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to define opportunities for
reducing routed hours, increasing ergonomics, enhancing tester
safety, and favorably impacting our sustainability efforts
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum of five years related work experience
- Approximately 10% travel anticipated
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience writing and editing requirement documents, test
plans, and work instructions
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for
making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that
contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and
meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners,
society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms.
Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to
have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program,
Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We
operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens
consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and
generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United
States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to
employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html . The base
salary range for this position in Georgia is $58,500 -
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Alpharetta , Test Engineer - Rail Traction Components, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!