Mechanical Engineer - Rail Traction Components
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: November 19, 2023
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider
of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in
the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run.
With modern maintenance solutions - from diagnostics to data-based
action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to
strategically planned modernization - we ensure your systems'
highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability.
This Mechanical Engineer for Rail Products will be an integral part
of driving the successful introduction and ongoing production for
rail gearbox and motor manufacturing within Siemens Mobility
Traction Drives in our Alpharetta, GA facility. This role will work
collaboratively across Traction Rail both within the U.S. and
globally to drive localization projects for international designs,
provide gearbox / motor engineering expertise, and optimize
The ideal candidate will have a mechanical engineering background,
with hands-on motor and gearbox experience, and a successful track
record of supporting product development from the development phase
through to manufacturing. The Product Engineer will perform
independent quality control checks and assess the design for
manufacturability of rail gearbox /motor products to ensure
compatibility with the US supply base and local capabilities.
Candidates must possess the experience, knowledge and discernment
to perform these functions with limited local guidance. This
position will act as an interface between the engineering
headquarters in Germany and the local operational team.
What your day-to-day will look like:
Within this role, the Mechanical Product Engineer will be
responsible for overseeing all local aspects of gearbox / motor
production and engineering. Specific activities include, but are
not limited to:
- Drive production application engineering including: bills of
material, assembly methods, special tooling requirements
- Assist in supplier selection, supplier validation and support
of supplier qualification on a technical level
- Lead local engineering change management through Teamcenter and
- Support and develop gearbox / motor test applications
- Provide technical expertise for Quality regarding potential
failure modes and effects analysis, change management, and similar
- Drive continuous improvement via technical improvements, cost
reduction, and lean process implementation
- Support organization in gearbox / motor technical
- Work closely with engineering headquarters in Germany to ensure
successful designs for US market
- Perform technical project manager duties for a variety of
gearbox / motor projects as required
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other technically related
- Minimum of five years related work experience
- Willing to travel domestic as well as international (approx.
- Understanding of gearboxes and motors (theory, design, and
- Hands on experience with hand tools and gearbox / motor
- Experience writing and editing requirement documents, design
documents, test plans, installation manuals, and work
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2D and 3D design program experience (NX preferred)
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Design for manufacturing (DFM) and failure mode and effect
- Knowledge of the locomotive and rail market in the United
- Experience in project engineering
- Experience working on international teams or in an
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for
making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that
contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and
meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners,
society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms.
Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to
have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program,
Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We
operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens
consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and
generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United
States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to
employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html . The base
salary range for this position in Georgia is $98,600 -
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Alpharetta , Mechanical Engineer - Rail Traction Components, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!