Splunk Security Engineer
Posted on: January 15, 2019
What you'll be doing...
You will be joining our Security Event Services team that provides leadership for the design, engineering and implementation of security event data collection related to Incident Response, Threat Monitoring, Threat Intelligence, and Operations. These programs pertain to the data identification, assessment, ingestion, normalization and enrichment activities necessary for our security operations centers to execute proper detection and analytics of threats and response.
- Supporting security logging processes and projects, including log collection, normalization and operational monitoring in Splunk.
- Leading key aspects of various projects in support of the project lead for the development, stand up, or upgrade of various IT system solutions to support the logging infrastructure.
- Working with network, IT infrastructure, application developer, and database teams on implementing solutions within the timeline and resources essential to meeting logging and monitoring requirements.
- Supporting the engagement team leads, and ensuring customer requirements are understood and being met for data ingestion and access.
- Being the liaison between the customer, data provider, IT teams, and SMEs.
- Creating and managing complex and dynamic dashboards and other critical metrics to ensure projects are tracked and on schedule.
- Developing or improving established processes for smooth development work flows and operations.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience within IT operations, application and/or infrastructure support.
- Experience working with Splunk.
- Experience configuring Splunk Search Heads, Indexers, and Universal Forwarders in a distributed environment.
- Experience with automation using platforms such as Ansible.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in information security, cyber security, computer science or a related field.
- Four or more years of Information Security experience.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly explain highly complex issues to senior executives.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations to peers or senior executives.
- Ability to negotiate when warranted, in order to work with other teams.
- Ability to grasp and assess "big picture" issues and bring them to light to foster positive change for a more robust data ingestion platform and process.
- Splunk Admin certification or higher.
- Experience working in AWS cloud environments.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Alpharetta , Splunk Security Engineer, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!