Application Support Engineer
Company: CIOX Health
Posted on: February 13, 2019
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
What Our Team does
The Application Support Engineer has overall responsibility for the application support of multiple applications, systems and processes. A primary focus of the Application Support Engineer will be on the development and implementation of initiatives that eliminate dependence on manual operations and effectively integrate systems and applications with enterprise monitoring tools. The Application Support Engineer will be expected to develop a high level of expertise on the physical and logical infrastructure associated with that production systems. He/she will draw on application development, database and systems specialists for additional support when required to supplement their knowledge. The Application Support Engineer will be expected to perform extensive troubleshooting and lead root cause analysis as required. This individual additionally will be responsible for the development and perpetual maintenance of formal documentation of production related processes. The Application Support Engineer will also be required to properly escalate issues to the respective teams using formal escalation paths while maintaining ownership of issues to resolution.
What you will do
* Looking for someone who is proactive, self-driven and able to identify improvements as part of the current business processes to address recurring issues, close monitoring gaps, and automate/reduce manual work.
* Primary support escalation points for assigned applications, acting as the Single Point of Contact to business users
* Responsible for the accurate creation and timely maintenance of all documentation associated with production applications. Including: environments (physical and logical) and support resolution to common application issues
* Conduct some level of application testing, build test scripts, support client application testing, and collect and summarize test data
* Work closely with respective departments to resolve production application and system related issues
* Assist development and engineering teams with release/implementation and maintenance periods
* Responsible for obtaining the knowledge to support all required production products
* Troubleshoot failures using necessary tools to include SQL editors, SSH/Telnet Clients, Command Prompt, Online collaboration tools, etc.
Knowledge and Experience needed
* 4 or more years experience in an Application Support environment
* High level of expertise in the implementation and support of production business applications Working knowledge in Unix, Linux, and Windows operating environments and FTP processes
* Firm Grasp of Structured Query Language (SQL); Experience with composing / understanding complex SQL queries and SQL programming, and working with relational databases (particularly Oracle; SQL Server is a plus)
* Intermediate level of experience in scripting language (Korn Shell, Bash, Perl, Python, bash)
* UNIX, LINUX, REST / SOAP APIs experience
* Conducts system deep dives and provide resolutions / options during system outages or escalations
* High attention to detail
* Ability to develop and maintain, timely, accurate process documentation and utilizing process documentation tools (such as Visio)
* Knowledge of Programming languages such as .Net, Visual Basic, Java and J2EE
* Familiarity with JIRA, Splunk, Application Lifecycle Management
* Some knowledge of web development (AngularJS, .NET, etc.) is a plus
* A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
Ciox provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to as race, color, national origin, genetic information, religion or religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, ancestry, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic as protected by state or federal law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and training.
Keywords: CIOX Health, Alpharetta , Application Support Engineer, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!