UI Engineer, Digital Innovation Team
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Every day, the people of TSYS-- and Netspend-- improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere and for yourself we may have the right place for you.
UI Engineer, Digital Innovation Team
At TSYS, were building the future of payments. As a member of the Digital Innovation team, youll be part of a team passionate about technology and using it to modernize payments, and the overall banking experience. We build a wide variety of solutions from automated infrastructure and cloud-based systems, to machine learning and user experiences for web, mobile and IoT. Were looking for people who want to join our team of designers, engineers and enthusiasts and be a part of whats happening.
Our Digital Innovation Team is a team of advanced technical experts in a variety of fields who work together to incubate new capabilities in a rapid, prototype-oriented environment that emphasizes problem over process. Were huge advocates of open source and as a member of this team, youll need to be comfortable integrating and evaluating it to ensure the right tool is matched to the right problem.
As a team member, youll not only work innovative user experiences, massive data sets and infrastructure at scale, but youll also be working with a team of people who represent some of the best and brightest minds in payments. We have a growth culture that emphasizes learning and adoption of technologies that push the envelope. We have sessions designed each week to bring the team together to learn and discuss topics that are critical to our industry and the evolution of our systems. Add to that our open work environment that emphasizes collaboration across teams.
So what will your first day look like? First off, youll get a 15 Mac and work with a mentor to pull the latest project from Git. Your assigned mentor is someone who stays with you throughout your first 90 days to help you gain familiarity with our teams, tools and environment. After that, well have you meet with different members of the team and get to know their specialties, process and nuances of the job. By the end of day one, youll commit and push your first code to the repo. We call this our pilot push and it promotes our culture of rapidly iterating and making progress.
- Collaborate with engineers across the Digital Innovation team to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
- Work in an iterative manner that fits well with the development practices and pace within the team
- Demo your work for colleagues and members of the business team
- Conduct research and prototype new technologies that help to progress our products and platforms
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems, frameworks and abstractions
- Debug and address UI performance issues
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as node.js, React.js, Angular, Redux, Webpack, Babel, Gulp
- Commanding grasp of HTML5, CSS3, and related web technologies like SASS
- Experience shipping one or more Objective-C, Swift iOS, or Android applications - ideally to an app store
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience developing code across a full application stack
- Minimum three years relevant experience with advanced coding skills
- Experience designing and developing large distributed, mobile, or responsive web
- Experience working in a team-based, agile development environment
- Github profile with submissions to open source projects
What Are We Looking For in This Role?TSYS Minimum Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business / Management Information Systems or related field
- Typically minimum of 2 years - Professional Experience In Coding, Designing, Developing And Analyzing Data. Typically has a basic knowledge and use of one or more languages / technologies from the following but not limited to; two or more modern programming languages used in the enterprise, experience working with various APIs, external Services, experience with both relational and NoSQL Databases
(Level 2 or Above)Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!US Applicants:
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
Keywords: TSYS, Alpharetta , UI Engineer, Digital Innovation Team, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!