Transportation Engineer In Training - Transportation Market
Company: Gresham Smith & Partners
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the community through solutions that support the safe and efficient movement of goods, services and people. Responsibilities:
* Assist in designing roadway projects including coordination with traffic, bridge design, transportation planning, and environmental.
* Participate in the development of the preparation of engineering reports, plans and specifications for major and minor projects.
* Preparation and review preliminary and final plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates, and make recommendations for additions, deletions and substitutions when modifications are necessary.
* Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project. Assist in resolving a variety of complex problems (e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
* Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
* Ability to learn Georgia Department of Transportation systems, policies, and procedures.
* Ability to learn standard operations, policies and procedures of a firm, preferably within the A/E industry.
* Advanced knowledge of the practical application of engineering principles, practices and techniques, including AASHTO guidelines.
* Skill in Microstation V8i and Inroads desired but not required.
* Skill in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
* Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
* Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships. Ability to work independently on multiple tasks without immediate and constant supervision.
* B.S. in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
* 0-2 years of roadway design experience. Prior internship experience is a plus.
* EIT certification in Georgia or an ability to obtain EIT in Georgia within 6 months of start date is required
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH S hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon receipt.
Keywords: Gresham Smith & Partners, Alpharetta , Transportation Engineer In Training - Transportation Market, Engineering , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!