Americas Alliance Business Manager
Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Americas Alliance Business ManagerJob Description:
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The
fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our
software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and
scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between
existing and emerging ITfast-tracking digital transformations
across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In
the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps - IT Operations- Cloud - Security - Info Governance - Big
Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Develops and nurtures a strategic/mutually beneficial relationship
with the partner or with a targeted set of resellers, distributors,
Systems Integrators (SIs) and/or Independent Software Vendors
(ISVs) and their ecosystem partners to drive additional revenue
with joint sales efforts. Coordinates all company activities with
the partner, including education, marketing, executive briefings,
business planning and client engagements. These jobs focus on
selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside
the company offices.
- Serves as the expert to the partner for a wide range of
extremely complex information regarding product, services, and
software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Integrates company offerings to become a key part of the
partner's business and solutions; May be brought in by partner to
sell company brand to end customers.
- Establishes and maintains account plans to promote sales
- Leverages partner solution stacks, partner intellectual
property, and other capabilities (off-shore/near shore, etc.) to
broaden the the company footprint in targeted industries and/or
- Achieves assigned quota for company products, services and
- Transactional and relationship selling within, and directing, a
team of selling professionals; physically visits partner customers
at their offices.
- Grow the company business overall and the company's share of
business by developing deep strategic relationships with
- Creates, fills-in and manages the company's funnel for deals
with partners and transforms potential leads into joint sales
- Actively engages company resources and senior executives to
build strategic relationships with the partner which ensures long-
term business opportunities for the company.
- Provides the business rationale and risk assessment for making
company investments in the partner.
- Works with largest partners accounts with a high strategic
value or high risk to the company.
- Ensures that partners are compliant with legal and SBC
- May drive SOW growth with distributors who are managing
partners on behalf of company.
- May recruit and develop business relationship with new
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree; advanced degree or MBA
- Typically 12+ years or more of selling experience at end-user
account or partner level.
- Experience as successful account/business manager, selling to
CxO and decision-maker level.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and
the channel. Dimensions include competitive positioning and
- Deep understanding of the company's organization & operations,
including key business rules, and alignment with company GBU
go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs &
initiatives, structure and business model.
- Deep understanding of the company's products, software, and
services. Able to communicate the strengths of company's offerings
relative to competition, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells company offerings by building strategic
relationships with partner senior management, principles and
decision makers; aligning partner and company processes; and
promoting company programs and offerings.
- Develops strategic plans with the partner to grow the size of
the business and company's share.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure
coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner's sales force.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across company sales
- Deep understanding of pipeline management discipline and
ability to explain benefits to partners/sales teams.
Job:SalesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally
Keywords: Micro Focus, Alpharetta , Americas Alliance Business Manager, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!