Business Development Manager
Company: SWM International
Posted on: January 16, 2020
The Business Development Manager works to execute the strategic
direction of the Engineered Papers Business unit and more
specifically, the growth strategy in North America for Flax Shives
Products. The manager uses best practices and experience to work
with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to
increase sales opportunities to maximize revenue generation in a
growing, multi-billion dollar market.
Success will be measured through the identification of business
opportunities and market channels, closing of business deals,
building and managing customer relationships, and having a thorough
knowledge of the market and how SWM solutions and services will
bring value. This position works across multiple segments, obtains
input from multiple commercial and technical leaders and reports to
the Business Development Director.
* Develop and write, in coordination with the Business Development
Director, the growth strategy and the business plans for new
* Prospect and identify new customers and contacts to turn them
into new business using knowledge of market, opportunities,
competitors, key distribution channels, products and company s
* Develop approaches and pitches according to client needs, pricing
policies and brand guidelines supplied by marketing.
* Research and build relationships with new and existing clients,
especially with client decision makers, presenting new products and
services to enhance existing relationships and increase sales.
* Write business proposals and negotiate in order to close deals to
meet volume, sales and gross margin objectives.
* Develop, monitor and report on metrics relative to attainment of
the business plan and adjust forecast and plans as needed to
deliver volume, sales and gross margin objectives.
* Work closely with Director and assigned Marketing support to
attend industry functions, events and conferences and provide
feedback on market and creative trends.
* Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on
business trends with goal to develop new products and services that
will lead to increase in sales.
* Set up meetings with key decision makers and SWM leadership and
work in a cross-functional team of technical and operational
colleagues to align product development, sales and marketing
* Submit progress reports in a timely and accurate manner and
ensure data maintained in appropriate sales management system.
* Adheres to the SWM Code of Conduct and guiding principles.
* Follows internal approval process for all materials and value
propositions, including sign off from Business Development
* Supports the other functions and team members within the Sales &
* Willing to travel up to 40%, including possible international
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor s degree required, preferably in Business Management or
Marketing. Experience of 5+ years in a business-related field in
B2B sales or marketing at an industrial manufacturer. Preference to
prior experience and knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry, with
selling experience in exploration and/or remediation.
* Demonstrated customer exposure and ability to build networks.
* Ability to sell products into diverse, different markets.
* Detail oriented, self-starter with ability to work in autonomous
environment, plus a positive attitude
* Superior communication and presentation skills, both verbal and
* Confidence and experience in client networking, prospecting,
territory management and sales management
* Excellent project management skills capable of advanced planning,
managing projects from start to finish, prioritizing critical path
* Ability to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize and multi-task
* Ability to interact across multiple levels, time zones, cultures
and functions in the organization
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International
is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in
the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If
you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at
SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at
Keywords: SWM International, Alpharetta , Business Development Manager, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!