Administrative - Project Management
Posted on: January 17, 2020
What youll be doing... Carrier Management will drive improved
vendor relations, cost savings and AU Efficiency with 3rd Party
Colocation Suppliers in the US by establishing dedicated headcount
for this purpose. The Project Management Admin is responsible for
working directly with a number of 3rd Party Data Center Suppliers
to Verizon in the US to obtain quotes for Space, Power, cabling,
conduits, etc. You will track all requests and report on them
weekly. This position will also be responsible for handling
time-sensitive events that may require cross functional stakeholder
involvement and escalations to the vendors and is responsible for
leading cross-functional teams addressing the analytics including
all of the financial and service performance of the vendor.
Receives goal based guidance & is held accountable for insuring
projects are completed on time. Exercises independent judgment in
developing strategies and evaluation criteria for obtaining
results. Work is accomplished without considerable direction. You
will be responsible for planning and executing to achieve goals.
You will act as the escalation point for the work assigned and
clearly communicates to management needs for success. You will be
required to advocate and defend their conclusions and
recommendations based on their own research and analysis.
- Manage augment requests that come through from various
organizations & emphasize space & power efficiency where
- Liaise with Operations and Engineering to validate requirements
and alternative options.
- Coordinate with external suppliers to obtain quotes.
- Liaise with internal organizations to obtain proper financial
- Support Sr. Contract Managers with gathering data (Financial,
Invoice, Inventory) to support renewals.
- Liaise with Engineering and Operations for space/power audit
and validation prior to renewal.
- Track approvals and signatures for monthly finance reporting
and document storage.
- Work with internal organizations to resolve issues that impact
normal business activities.
- Work management driven special projects.
- Identify and escalate process gaps that lead to operational
efficiencies and potential cost saving opportunities.
- Insure all systems and tools are updated with pertinent
- Identify cost savings / cost avoidance opportunities.What were
looking for... Youll need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of
- Knowledge of data center connectivity, space and power.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.Even better if you have:
- Masters degree.
- Ability to thoroughly research issues and develop solutions to
- Excellent communication skills, time management skills,
- Experience in contract interpretation, summarization of
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both the
operational and strategic level.
- Proven ability to lead projects and work with multi-functional
- Ability to thrive in a high intensity production driven and
- Ability to drive innovation and continuous improvements to
evolve with changing needs.
- Ability to understand needs and objectives of all
- Extensive analytical, critical thinking, and judgment
- Ability to work independently and escalate when
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications
- Extensive computing skills in Google Docs, Excel, PowerPoint,
Adobe and related systems for gathering/management of Service
Performance measurements.When you join Verizon... Youll have the
power to go beyond doing the work thats transforming how people,
businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we
provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers,
but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our
connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling
energy efficiency. Here, youll have the ability to make an impact
and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words,
pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We
offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow
in every role. Together well go far.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us
Keywords: Verizon, Alpharetta , Administrative - Project Management, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!