EMPO Project Manager III
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: March 26, 2020
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. As an employee you ll take part in our mission to become
the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities
and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an
ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
Be a part of innovating and growing the Enterprise Portfolio and
Program Management Office! We are looking for hands on,
collaborative leaders as we mature and scale our portfolio and
project management practices.
The EPMO Project Manager III for Operations is responsible for
operational excellence and organizational agility, driving the
integration of the PPM tools roadmap, training and adoption of our
tools, metrics and reporting that are flexible and real-time and
ongoing tool assessment based on industry best practices and market
How you will make an impact:
* Participate in roadmap planning and tools assessment.
* Conduct in-depth tool assessments for existing PPM tools to
optimize existing tools, plan for future need-based capabilities
and support the consolidation/elimination of redundant or
* Practice continuous improvement / continuous development on
existing tools to ensure the organization receives maximum value
based on user experience and feedback.
* Track and monitor adoption and quality of the data in the tools
through on hands engagement with the agile teams and users.
* Ability to write JQL queries and other simple coding or
configuration as needed, in partnership with our tools
* Define tool efficiencies to support intake process (demand
* Develop portfolio reporting frameworks and create executive level
communication to ensure accuracy and transparency, while elevating
insights to ensure informed decision making.
* Develop end to end, transparent process for tracking and
reporting portfolio KPIs, benefits and outcomes.
* Enhance the monthly financial management process and reporting to
include agile teams.
* Analyze resource management processes to optimize capacity
planning, resource allocation, time-to-staff, time tracking, and
* Lead assessment and support implementation and change management
of new solutions, i.e, resource planning, PPM, time tracking.
* Strong knowledge around driving and fostering operational
excellence / organizational agility.
* Ability to conduct large group training, ad-hoc training and 1on1
training to drive tool adoption and user proficiency.
* Develop and innovate tools and processes to drive EPMO
organizational agility. Have a mindset of how can we do it better
* Strong, working knowledge of Agile and SAFe principles and
* Facilitate development and deployment of changes to PPM
framework, processes and practices as needed to continually improve
efficiencies and allow for innovation.
* Manage and foster a project/program community of practice and
center of excellence supporting and developing PPM tools capability
within the EPMO and across the enterprise.
* Drive tool adoption using a change management approach. Train
Agile team and EPMO new hires on tools.
What we look for:
* Bachelor s degree in relevant field.
* Formal Agile and project management training and Project
Management PMP certification is preferred.
* 8+ years agile experience and 5+ years of project/program
management experience within an enterprise PMO.
* Experience with Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid methodologies.
* Experience with resource planning and PPM solutions.
* Advanced Jira/Jira Align abilities.
* Deep understanding of the SDLC.
* Data and process driven with deep experience in tool assessments,
roadmap planning and development.
* Passionate about synthesizing data to extract insights that will
help inform decisions, explain the WHY and tell a story.
* Bring extensive experience in agile in order to effectively
identify and communicate efficiencies and processes to Agile teams,
Program Managers and Business leaders.
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills having demonstrated
creative and insightful operational and tool analysis and the
ability to quickly extract key insights from an excess of data and
* Outstanding communication and presentation skills and can prepare
visually delighting PowerPoint presentations using data
visualization and storytelling.
* Ability to deep dive into agile teams and programs to have a
thorough understanding of the challenges associated with stage gate
progression and value delivery.
* Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication
and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all
* Love to bring new ideas and new ways of thinking and make them
easily understood and adopted by individuals of all levels
throughout the organization.
* Comfortable with competing priorities and managing ambiguity.
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , EMPO Project Manager III, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!