Senior Product Manager - Contributory
Company: LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Posted on: April 1, 2021
This position is responsible for owning a product or substantial
modular portion of a product or product suite, and driving the
definition and execution of product plans from vision,
requirements, and initial design through market launch and rollout.
The position cultivates new product ideas through market research
and analysis, and evaluates the market potential of these ideas.
The position defines and prioritizes product requirements, works
with the development team on product creation, and continuously
confirms that the planned end result will meet specified
requirements. As a product owner, the position must also be a
representative expert for the rest of the organization on the
product, and must ensure that all departments are prepared for
successful product delivery and go-to-market readiness. This
position will support the insurance contributory database family of
products. Primary Accountabilities :
- Create and implement product vision, direction, roadmaps and
business plans, including product plans, product migration and
evolution, and product life cycle and retirement.
- Develop conceptual and evolutionary product plans that meet
measurable benchmarks of customer satisfaction and will exceed
customer expectations for flexible and exciting functionality and
user interface. This includes managing expense budget plans,
developing business cases, identifying and assessing business
opportunities and determining strategic fit conditioned by
- Identify, develop, and manage contractual, technical, and
consulting relationships with strategic partners and providers,
including joint ventures and subsidiary relationships and
- Working with verticals, client engagement, operations and
technology, evaluates and implements new product ideas and product
improvements and evaluates their potential. Gather, validate, and
evaluate product/market requirements through market and customer
research, competitive and product research. Develop functional
specifications for assigned product features to include effective
product and user interface design, rapid prototyping, product
validation testing, and usability testing, while ensuring that the
product strategy is adhered to throughout the product life
- Proactively stay abreast of current and emerging issues in the
insurance, analytics and data services industries.
- Develop and deliver materials to the appropriate marketing and
sales organizations which convey the purpose and details of the
product, definition of its user, benefits to the customer,
customization capabilities, and competitive comparison.
- Provide strategic consulting to Client Engagement and oversee
delivery of customer presentations, retrospective analysis,
internal and external product training and implementation
- Manage the ongoing life cycle responsibilities for businesses
- Determine appearance and function of new products.
- Evaluate new functionality that should be applied to existing
- Monitor the release process and placement of new products or
enhancements in a release.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for product and industry,
including answering questions, consulting with Client Engagement,
resolving customer issues. Determines applicability to other
products and adjacent verticals. Provides internal and external
- Analyze management and financial reports, identifying and
reporting on trends and issues as needed with emphasis on
competitive and customer insights.
- Guides and instructs junior level personnel. Qualifications :
- BA/BS, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience leading product marketing function,
preferably in an electronic information industry or
- P&C insurance industry experience in underwriting, product
management, claims or other relevant function.
- Experience working with insurance data and understanding of
- In-depth knowledge of product development and evaluation
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Solid understanding of financial responsibilities.
- Insurance industry experience highly preferred.
- Strong MS Office suite skills, including Excel, Word and
PowerPoint. We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified
applicants are considered for and treated during employment without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin,
citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a
qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a
reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that
individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or
firstname.lastname@example.org . RELX is a global provider of information
and analytics for professional and business customers across
industries.We help scientists make new discoveries, lawyers win
cases, doctors save lives and insurance companies offer customers
lower prices. We save taxpayers and consumers money by preventing
fraud and help executives forge commercial relationships with their
clients.In short, we enable our customers to make better decisions,
get better results and be more productive.
Keywords: LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Alpharetta , Senior Product Manager - Contributory, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!