VP, Product Management
Company: Kemper Corporation
Posted on: April 6, 2021
The Head of Product State Management is responsible for the
management and development of the analytical support and product
performance reporting for the area of accountability. The position
requires direct involvement with Senior leadership for defining and
executing strategies to optimize performance, identifying expansion
opportunities, prioritizing work initiatives across the
organization, and collaboration with key business partners to meet
financial objectives. This role will be responsible for all states
with premium revenues of approx. $750M. Position
- Provide the vision, strategies and execution leadership to
drive profitable growth and competitiveness of Kemper's
non-standard auto lines business.
- Act as a general manager or owner of the business to develop
plans, objectives and strategies for the business while influencing
and driving all functional areas of the organization to achieve the
optimal outcomes for the organization.
- Build strong relationships of trust and mutual respect with
colleagues and collaborate closely with them. Foster an environment
of continuous engagement with: actuarial, pricing, underwriting,
operations, sales, marketing, claims, IT and finance.
- Craft go-to-market strategies and messaging with sales and
marketing when changes in pricing/product are likely to affect
agents or policyholders.
- Monitor and evaluate the financial performance of the
non-standard auto business. Identify root cause of results and
execute initiatives to drive positive performance in line with
- Hire, develop and manage top talent to support a top tier
product management team.
- Prepare and submit annual financial objectives consistent with
Kemper and business unit and department objectives, and when
approved, controls and monitors progress to ensure objectives are
- Analyze and evaluate proposals for rate, rule, and form changes
for appropriate strategic intent, thoroughness, fact base, cost
effectiveness, execution plan, and alignment across
- Establish premium strategies with rate review schedule and
monitors the governance and rate review process to ensure that
target dates are met.
- Establish and monitor procedures and standards for quality
control of company and bureau rate and rule changes in rate
- Monitor company, industry, economic and legislative
developments and recommend changes in strategies or procedures as
- Lead strategic projects and special assignments. Position
- Strong communication skills and an ability to present ideas and
information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner.
Gathers information from multiple parties to ensure all
perspectives are heard and considered, and listens to others to
respond effectively to ideas, thoughts, and questions. Ability to
work with others in effectively negotiating through conflict to
obtain desired results.
- Ability to recruit and develop talent as well as lead cross
functional project teams.
- Will have led and inspired teams of talented professionals and
marshalled shared services resources.
- Organizational skills; both time and task skills are
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze data and develop strategic
- Solid technical skills when it comes to managing auto lines of
business, as well as general CAT management knowledge.
- Strong leadership, employee development, diplomacy and
negotiation skills. -ZR -GD -IN -PT-- Posted 5 Days Ago Full time
R-20-0011605 About Us Kemper at a Glance The Kemper family of
companies is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. With
over $12 billion in assets, Kemper is improving the world of
insurance by providing affordable and easy-to-use personalized
solutions to individuals, families and businesses through its Auto,
Personal Insurance, Life and Health brands. Kemper serves over 6.4
million policies, is represented by more than 30,000 agents and
brokers, and has over 8,300 associates dedicated to meeting the
ever-changing needs of its customers.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal
Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V Our employees enjoy great benefits:--
--- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your
--- Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending
Accounts and various retirement plans.
--- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid
certifications and continuing education programs.
--- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer
--- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business
--- Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through
Keywords: Kemper Corporation, Alpharetta , VP, Product Management, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!