Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Company: Black Enterprise Magazine
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Merit is a fast-growing, pioneering financial services firm that
invests heavily in the growth and development of team members.
Merit seeks to establish, educate, and help individuals reach their
financial goals as they transition into and experience retirement.
With an unswerving commitment to excellence and reliability, Merit
provides objective financial advice and believes in establishing
long-lasting relationships. By offering an array of services,
clients can receive tailored solutions that promote growth and help
them achieve financial goals. Merit believes in addressing the
retirement challenges in America by helping clients reach financial
freedom and confidence to the working population and retirees
alike. This focus on comprehensive financial wellness enables us to
deliver the ultimate client experience. With nine locations across
the southeast and northeast, headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Merit
balances tactical advice with innovative strategy. Our 80
hardworking employees are leaders rooted in humility and we are
poised to grow. Merit is a multi-generational firm with a
foundation built around servant leadership and total team
leadership. We have been recognized as a "Best Places to Work" by
InvestmentNews and have made the fastest-growing companies list in
both INC 5000 and Georgia's Fastest 40. As we expand and work to
bring our relationship-driven approach to the financial industry,
we are looking for the right individuals to join our team. The
Position: We are seeking a highly-skilled CTO with an established
history in the financial advisory sector, registered investment
advisor (RIA) experience is a must. This individual must have a
comprehensive understanding of the wealth management business and
regulatory environment. The CTO will work directly under the CEO
and serve as a technology and business expert, guiding day-to-day
operations as well as setting future vision, strategy, and plans
for growth. He/she will be in charge of all company technology and
technological resources and will supervise system operations and
oversee quality assurance processes. The CTO will make executive
technology decisions on behalf of the company including the
management of technology budgets/investments in alignment with the
company vision for technology needs. The ideal candidate will be a
strategic thinker, effective communicator, and industry expert in
technological development in the Financial Advisory sector.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the short and
long-term needs of the company.
- Outlining goals for technology research and development.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's
- Managing vendor relationships and negotiating contract
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with outside
consultants and contractors.
- Providing mentorship to team members.
- Maintaining a focus on both employee user and end-user
technology, with an emphasis on usability.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Researching and implementing current technology trends and
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory
- Oversee our compliance and adherence as it relates to Branch
Office Security and Branch/Firm Cybersecurity requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science,
or related field; Master's degree in information technology or a
technology-related discipline preferred.
- Eight to ten years of experience in a software development
role, information technology role, or related field; three to five
years in management or leadership with a demonstrated increase in
- Ability to analyze, multitask, prioritize, and manage time
- Experience in building strong interpersonal relationships with
peers, brand leaders, and other senior management throughout the
- Able to be a "big picture" thinker.
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills with
an ability to mentor and lead a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to align multiple strategies and ideas.
- Confidence in producing and presenting work.
- Extensive experience in technology management, preferably in
the financial services industry or other similarly regulated
- In-depth understanding of the industry developments and current
- Experience with technology relative to the industry. Must have
experience with Orion Advisor Tech and Salesforce.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Flexibility, integrity, and humility.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA),
or Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Plan with company matching.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)--and paid holidays
- Name First Last
- CAPTCHA At Merit, planning for what matters to you is our job.
We have a team of dedicated individuals desiring to educate you on
how to be financially wise, protect and invest the money you have
accumulated, help build a legacy for you and help the next
generation reach their financial potential. Check the background of
your financial professional on FINRA's--BrokerCheck Securities
offered through LPL Financial, member FINRA /SIPC . Investment
advice offered through Merit Financial Group, LLC, an
SEC-registered investment adviser. Merit Financial Group, LLC,
Merit, Merit Financial Advisors, Botsford Private Wealth, Worksite
Financial Wellness, Financial Development Systems and Independent
Advisor Partners are separate entities from LPL Financial. Privacy
Keywords: Black Enterprise Magazine, Alpharetta , Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!