Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC
Company: GCP Applied Technologies
Posted on: November 19, 2021
GCP Applied Technologies, a rapidly growing global technology
company, is looking for a Manager of Technical Accounting and
Financial Reporting to join its dynamic Finance Team. This is a
great opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team for
candidates who are looking to enhance their technical accounting
skills and transition out of public accounting into a publicly
traded company. The Manager of Technical Accounting and Financial
Reporting is a vital and highly visible role within GCP's corporate
finance team. This individual will take on interesting and
challenging responsibilities which include managing all aspects of
10-Q and 10-K financial reporting in compliance with GAAP and SEC
reporting standards, providing analysis and information for
effective management reporting, providing guidance on technical
accounting matters, as well as supporting implementation of new
accounting standards and other areas of technical accounting. This
role will be a key member of the Finance team and collaborate with
corporate and international accounting, consolidation, tax,
treasury and investor relations. In addition, this position will
have frequent exposure to senior management and other
organizational teams, including commercial finance, legal and
internal audit. A successful candidate will possess a strong set of
research, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills;
have the ability to coordinate /effectively manage projects to
deliver strong results, thrive in an environment of rapid change;
be proactive and deadline-focused; work effectively within
cross-functional teams; and have a passion for operational
excellence.Key Responsibilities:SEC Reporting & Technical
- Work directly with the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical
Accounting on managing and coordinating all aspects of preparation
of the Company's Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, earnings releases and other
SEC filings, including financial statements, footnotes, MD&A
and other disclosures.
- Monitor major corporate events, including significant
contracts, stock-based compensation, mergers and acquisitions, debt
refinancings and equity offerings to assess their accounting impact
and the required SEC disclosures.
- Partner with corporate & international accounting, executive
management, treasury, FP&A and other operational teams to
identify, assess, and conclude on complex accounting matters.
- Provide guidance on as needed basis to commercial finance and
corporate / international accounting teams related to new
accounting standards upon their adoption.Technical Research
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of US GAAP and SEC
regulations governing financial reporting for public companies
while being a part of a dynamic and collaborative team and having
opportunities to enhance technical accounting skills.
- Research various US GAAP guidance and applicable SEC
regulations related to major corporate events and document in
- Support the adoption and implementation of new accounting
standards, including ASC 842 (leases).
- Proactively monitor changes to accounting environment, research
and assess the impact of new accounting guidance on the Company's
- Monitor and enhance formal processes to ensure that appropriate
evidential support is maintained to support all disclosures in the
Company's SEC filings and documenting as appropriate.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and collaborate with
cross-functional teams on process improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with and drive optimization of existing
accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain documentation to ensure compliance with SOX.
- Mentor and develop a Senior Accountant of Technical Accounting
and Financial Reporting.Job Specifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required
- 6+ years of progressive financial accounting experience in
public accounting firm and/or accounting department of a publicly
traded company with technical accounting research and SEC reporting
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations and ability
to assess, analyze and document accounting positions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP or other large
ERP system desired.
- Experience with W-Desk filings is a plus
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills, ability
to communicate to all levels in the organization and across
Keywords: GCP Applied Technologies, Alpharetta , Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!