Veterans Preferred - Associate Project Manager - Digital Rail Innovation
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Whether it involves guaranteed availability, maximized
throughput, or the implementation of new business models, Digital
Services from Siemens Mobility provides our customers with the key.
From sensor technology to intelligent algorithms and precise
analytics, we offer a complete foundation for optimized operation -
further supported by the decades of practical experience of our
experts in rail service. Digital Services are based on the powerful
platform architecture from Siemens. More than 300,000 devices and
systems that meet the latest IT security standards are already
connected to this Application Suite. Based on this foundation, we
further improved our Mobility Application Suite for our customers,
and it will allow them to get even more out from their systems.
We seek to hire an Associate Project Manager with a consistent
track record of working on sophisticated digital projects involving
rail, aerospace, or other heavy industrial assets. This role is
responsible for supporting the execution of digitalization and
information technology projects.
What you will be doing:
- Leading the IT systems deployment during all phases of the
initiative, including planning, design, implementation, system
tests, integration, and customer acceptance.
- Leading discussions/negotiations with customers for scope
clarification and changes in scope, cost, and schedule.
- Supporting the technical architect team in design review
activities for conceptual, preliminary, and final design.
- Supporting the Delivery of head-on project status updates for the
overall program based on the customer.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential
problems, devise contingency plans.
- Drive project schedule for design, project milestones (utilizing
our milestone methodology), information technology delivery, and
- Lead strategic project activities for technology implementation
and train acceptance.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team
members and stakeholders in a timely and transparent fashion.
- Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress
reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management
and internal/external stakeholders.
- Support the Quality Assurance team in testing, creating use
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or
- Five years of successful Project Management experience in complex
projects in technology projects in the rail environment, or heavy
- Excellent technical, oral, and written communication skills
- Technical experience with complex products/projects and system
- Solid presentation skills.
- Primavera/MS Office suite tools proficient
- Proven skills in enhancing the passenger experience
- Ability to travel to customer sites in support of the project
We would be impressed if you had:
- Project Management experience with rail technology
- Five years of experience in the manufacturing of rail vehicles or
- Technical experience with rail vehicle project management,
engineering, information technology
- Project management certification via PMI PMP certification is a
- Understanding and experience of Agile implementations is a
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision
Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days,
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key
Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from
Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch &
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity
& Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to
earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an
innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our
Associate Project Manager, we'll provide you with the support and
career advancement to make it happen!
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Alpharetta , Veterans Preferred - Associate Project Manager - Digital Rail Innovation, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!