VP of Regulatory Compliance
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a
full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for
merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B
wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with
financial institutions, software developers, independent sales
organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We're growing and we're looking for collaborative, innovative, and
hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and
inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are
valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your
The VP of Regulatory Compliance serves as the Company's designated
AML Compliance Officer, in addition to being accountable for all
other aspects of regulatory compliance for the Company. This role
will lead a small team of analysts and must ensure the Company
maintains optimal capabilities around people, process, and
technology to effectively identify, assess, manage, and report on
regulatory risks. Success in the role will require an individual
who is both a seasoned leader and a strong operator who can roll up
their sleeves and deliver as part of the team.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Ongoing development and maintenance of the Company's AML
Compliance Program, as well as other core enterprise-wide
regulatory compliance programs/policies including OFAC, SAR, UDAAP
- Develop and maintain an AML risk assessment framework for
products and services, clients and customers, and other areas
relating to money laundering.
- Maintain an inventory of applicable regulations and an
attendant risk register and controls matrix to facilitate
organizational compliance with key regulations.
- Develop, maintain, and execute risk assurance testing to ensure
enterprise compliance with key regulatory policies and
- Ensure effective processes and procedures are in place to
identify customers' unusual activity and investigate escalations
for possible suspicious activity reporting.
- Provide leadership and expertise for regulatory inspections and
audits from third-party organizations and make compliance
recommendations based on findings. Annually arrange an AML Audit to
be conducted by an independent third-party organization.
- Support the development and maintenance of a reputational risk
management program as it relates to external reviews and
- Develop and maintain enterprise-wide regulatory compliance
- Support the development and execution of enhanced due diligence
for high-risk customer types that present heightened compliance
and/or reputational risk.
- Conduct regulatory risk assessments on new vendor relationships
in support of the Company's vendor risk management policy.
- Briefing and reporting to the Executive Risk Committee on
regulatory compliance matters and key metrics.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in business or equivalent
- Strong background in payments industry with experience in
managing applicable regulations including, but not limited to
BSA/AML, OFAC, SAR, and UDAAP.
- Experience navigating and responding to audits and inspections
from third-party organizations.
- Strong background in developing and executing compliance
- Experienced and proficient at authoring enterprise compliance
policies and procedures.
- Disciplined approach to managing risk through the use of
standard methodologies and tools (e.g. risk assessments; risk
registers, control matrices, inventories, process maps, etc.).
- Proficient in identifying and consulting on regulatory risks
related to customers and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and effective communicator with c-level
- Initiative and creativity with a passion to deliver
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 360 (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, and Outlook.)
- Working knowledge of card compliance and credit risk.
- Proficient in mitigating risk while helping the business to
drive sustainable growth.
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse
Keywords: MerchantE, Alpharetta , VP of Regulatory Compliance, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!