Finance Manager Planning and Forecasting
Posted on: May 5, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... At Verizon, we are building a
world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization.
We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes,
improve systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for
personal skill-building and professional growth. We're finding new
ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind
of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within
Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A
professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for
change.Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind
the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities
to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing
your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are
considered a business partner and your contributions will make a
difference. You'll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing
decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services.
You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through
development of business case scenarios.
- Own the development and communication of the plan and forecast,
financial reporting, operational analysis and executive reviews for
Actuals, Business Plan, Commitment View, and Best View.
- Evaluate business results and serve as a functional specialist
to the business client to provide strategic guidance and insights
during the analysis process.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to complex business
performance issues to define and execute action plans.
- Accountable for making decisions and recommendations to ensure
the quality and delivery of all the products and services.
- Interpret and evaluate monthly analyses of business trends,
including budget variance of financial results and Key Performance
Indicators to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide
- Partner with the business to develop costing/profitability
models and reports.
- Assess the impact of strategic financial decisions and present
recommendations to leadership.
- Design, develop and implement methods and strategies to
continually improve processes.
- Assess customer/product profitability and drive profit
- Develop and assess business cases for pricing on investment
decisions, providing insights and support to the business.
- Assess capital requirements, develop capital plan and provide
recommendations on capital allocation.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.Where
you'll be working...This hybrid role will have a defined work
location that includes work from home and assigned office days as
set by the manager.What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four
or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel.Even better if you have one or more of
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- A high degree of analytical capability with the proven ability
to structure business case around a high-level strategic
- Strong strategic skills, with the proven ability to identify
and assess key points, implications and recommendations.
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning,
reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of common business and cost
drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices and
International Financial Reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives,
root cause analysis and project management.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and
Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Experience leading large and complex team projects with minimal
- If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage
you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better"
qualification listed above.Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud
to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees'
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us
stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon
requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon
provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized
Keywords: Verizon, Alpharetta , Finance Manager Planning and Forecasting, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!