Cost Accounting Manager - Manufacturing
Company: NorthPoint Search Group
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionCost Accounting Manager - Manufacturing
- Execute month-end close process for ERP inventory module and
prepare month-end inventory entries
- Review, report and provide commentary/analysis of costs against
prior periods, plan, and latest forecast.
- Assist in the completion of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Document controls, processes and procedures related to
manufacturing and operational accounting such as developing cost
standards for materials and labor, MRO purchasing and Capital
- Proactively review inventory transactions throughout the month
to identify and trouble shoot unusual transactions and variances
before month end close
- Assist in preparation for annual audits including interacting
with auditors and examiners.
- Perform annual standard cost updates. Ensure the accuracy of
standard costs in the system.
- Perform financial analysis on capital investmentsSupervise Tax
Accountant and assist in various tax audits
- Supervise Staff Accountant handling daily bank accounting and
maintaining the Sage Fixed Asset System and various other duties as
- Work with inventory control team to monitor, track and improve
the inventory count (cycle count) process and inventory
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with monthly close
- Standard costing methodology required
- 5+ years of inventory cost accounting and supervisory
- Hands-on working knowledge of accounting for inventory,
including GAAP costing methods
- MS Axapta (Dynamics AX) financial system experience a plus
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS office software, particularly Excel
(VLOOKUP's, pivot tables, etc.)Base salary 100k-110k plus benefits.
Powered by JazzHRw48UfvR12O
Keywords: NorthPoint Search Group, Alpharetta , Cost Accounting Manager - Manufacturing, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!