AVP, RDG Credit Data Management and Integration
Company: Synchrony Financial
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Description:Role Summary/Purpose:Support Credit initiatives
related to RDG data aggregation, architecture, data analysis, data
usage with the Synchrony Financial. Serve as a key contributor and
co-lead for support of on monthly load processes, new initiatives,
new products, new data sources from a point of view of Credit
Reporting & Modeling business owner.This position is remote, where
you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request
for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement
activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. To
ensure the safety of our colleagues and communities, we require
employees who come together in-person to be fully vaccinated. We're
proud to offer you choice and flexibility.Essential
- Work closely within the 1st line business teams in IT,
Marketing, Credit Risk and Operations to improve and validate
accuracy of existing RDG fields, through the independent research
of data issues, logic, evidence and user acceptance tests
- Assist in the onboarding of new data sources into risk
aggregation data platform (RDG), analyze differences in data,
suggest logic & mapping changes to standardize and cleanse
onboarding data sources, design and execute user acceptance tests
for new data.
- Run and continuously improve risk aggregation data platform
(RDG) monthly load validation process and visualization
- Support new product integration into risk aggregation data
platform (RDG) by attending business meetings and converting
business requirements into new reporting data fields through
helping with design and testing.
- Keep pace with the latest developments in academia, regulatory
environment, risk technology (Data-lake, ETL platforms and data
warehousing) and financial services industries in order to provide
expert guidance to the Synchrony Financial functions.
- Participate in Proof Of Concepts, such as evaluation of new
tools and concepts that can enable better use of data.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as
- Bachelor's degree MIS, Economics, Math, Finance, Accounting; in
lieu of a degree 8+ years of work-related experience in risk
analytics or IT position.
- 4+ years of work-related experience in risk analytics or IT
- 3+ years of experience SAS/SQL or 1+ year of experience with
- Master's degree or foreign equivalent in MIS or related
- Curious investigative mindset for data and its relationship to
business, reporting, financial modeling.
- Previous experience with business intelligence/data
warehousing/visualization platforms (either project management
implementation or coding or both).
- Ability to work with Python to independently analyze data.
- Understanding of Waterfall and/or Agile project management
- Self-starter character with organizational and analytical
- Desire to make things better, faster and user friendly for
Synchrony Financial reporting and modeling user community.
- One (1+) years of experience with Tableau
- Two (2+) years of experience with ETL tools like Ab
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background
investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service
with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles.
Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the
associate will have a minimum 6 months' time in position before
they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or
greater, must have at least 24 months' time in position before they
can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance
expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the
approval of your manager and HR if you don't meet the time in
position or performance expectations).Legal authorization to work
in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for
employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran
status.Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please
tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a
job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation
include making a change to the application process or work
procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a
sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career
Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can
be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from
8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.The salary range
for this position is 65,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD AnnualSalaries are
adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions
are bonus eligible.Grade/Level: 10Job Family Group:Risk
Keywords: Synchrony Financial, Alpharetta , AVP, RDG Credit Data Management and Integration, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!