Posted on: August 5, 2022
DescriptionChubb is the world's largest publicly traded property
and casualty insurer. - With operations in 54 countries, Chubb
provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance,
personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance
and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Chubb is
fundamentally committed to the creation of an inclusive, respectful
and equitable workplace. Through our policies and practices for
recruitment, development, retention and promotion, we seek a
diverse workforce that is effective in our markets and communities
and takes full advantage of the wide range of experiences and
backgrounds provided. We view diversity as a key business driver
that enables us to attract and retain the best talent, thereby
enabling our high performance in any location.SummaryThis is a role
focused on technical claim handling for Chubb's Commercial Direct
Handle Claims Team. - In this role you will manage auto and general
liability claims, both litigated and non-litigated, under both
primary and excess policies. - This role requires an individual to
be accountable for the handling and disposition of claims including
investigation, coverage determination, reserving, negotiation and
settlement or trial strategies. - This position will require some
travel, as well as coordinating with and servicing both internal
and external business partners. - You will represent the company at
meetings with management and business partners, as well as at
mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences and
- Manage an inventory of claims involving moderate severity
exposures and coverage issues.
- Conduct, coordinate, and direct investigation into loss facts,
damages and risk transfer opportunities.
- Evaluate coverage, liability, and damages to determine the
exposure to the insured and the policy.
- Analyze coverage and communicate coverage positions, as
warranted, within assigned authority.
- Demonstrate and implement effective defense, resolution and
- Provide superior customer service to insureds, agents, and
internal business partners.
- Adhere to Best Practices Guidelines.
- Adhere to individual authority grants, all statutory and
regulatory requirements, fair claim practices and local compliance
requirements, including examiner licensing.
- Travels to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
- Seven or more years of experience as a casualty claim
professional with a high degree of specialized and technical
competence in the handling of high exposure construction claims
with emphasis on hands-on file and litigation management.
- Experience with primary and excess bodily injury, property
damage, and personal injury claims.
- Strong background and demonstrated ability in dealing with
significant coverage matters.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices and
- An ability to work independently and assimilate learning
materials on many different subjects from various sources. -
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills;
and an ability to deal with customers and business partners in a
- Ability to make prompt, intelligent decisions based upon
detailed analyses of complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong relational skills particularly in adverse
or high-pressure situations.
- A law degree is not necessary but helpful.Who are we looking
for?Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds
with experiences rich in diversity that they bring with them to our
company along with:
- an inclusive mindset which allows differences to be leveraged
for better business results;
- open, transparent communication;
- teamwork and inclusion which draws on diverse ideas and
- new ideas, innovation, and ways of thinking which support
diversity.EEO StatementAt Chubb, we are committed to equal
employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations
pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training,
compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of
employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and
veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic
protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis
upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain
employees. - Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination,
harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports
discrimination or harassment. -
Keywords: Chubb, Alpharetta , Claim Director, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!