Casualty Specialist or Assistant Vice President
Company: IFG Companies
Posted on: August 7, 2022
About IFG Companies
IFG Companies, founded in 1985, is one of America's largest
privately held, property and casualty A-rated insurance groups in
the United States. As a private company, IFG is focused on
profitable growth through superior underwriting of a range of
products and service to its producers and insureds.
Grow and maintain a profitable diversified portfolio of Primary
Casualty business in accordance with underwriting strategies,
guidelines, and standards. Work with the Regional Vice President to
further advance and develop the regional underwriting platform.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Select, evaluate, classify, price and determine terms for
individual Primary Casualty risks following established company
guidelines and underwriting strategies.
* Monitor key performance metrics in order to achieve individual
and unit goals.
* Meet production and marketing goals while maintaining
underwriting integrity and overall profitability of the product
line. Work with less experienced underwriters to provide guidance
to achieve their goals.
* Develop production sources and relationships. Maintain excellent
communication with agents and brokers, be visible and responsive to
them and educate them in the IFG product line offerings. Promote
IFG products and brand.
* Work with Regional VP on developing strategies to ensure
* Work with Regional VP to establish procedures and processes where
necessary to ensure timely service and create efficiencies.
* Mentor and develop less experienced underwriters.
* Provide guidance on referrals from underwriters, review and audit
* Assist Marketing and Primary Casualty team by providing feedback
pertinent to the product line with respect to competitors, products
and the overall marketplace.
* Work collaboratively with other team members and colleagues
* Keep current on issues, trends and emerging liabilities impacted
Excess Casualty business.
* Attend industry conferences and events, as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong working knowledge of Primary Casualty commercial
* Exhibit thorough working knowledge of sound underwriting
principles, policies, procedures and controls.
* Demonstrate the ability to interpret and analyze and make
informed, calculated decisions on risks.
* Working knowledge of the wholesale producer distribution
* Strong computer skills (Excel / Word/ SharePoint).
* Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication
* Strong leadership, problem solving, reasoning and decision
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting
established goals and deadlines.
* Demonstrate planning and organizations skills.
* Proven team player, positive attitude and an energetic
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS
* College degree or equivalent work experience with demonstrated
involvement in insurance industry education. CPCU or other related
industry designations, a plus.
* Prefer Ten to 15 years commercial insurance experience including
experience underwriting Primary Casualty required.
* Wholesale producer contacts and relationships required.
Physical demands are considered to be that of an office
environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion.
This position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a
computer and interactions with others in meetings or via phone.
IFG Companies offers a competitive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, short-term and
long-term disability insurance, life insurance, long-term care
insurance, educational and professional development assistance,
paid time off, company provided leave of absence programs and
flexible work arrangements.
IFG Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Keywords: IFG Companies, Alpharetta , Casualty Specialist or Assistant Vice President, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!