Software engineering manager
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Description UKG is looking to hire a Manager of Software
Engineering to join the leadership of our Talent Acquisition
Software Development team. Our teams are responsible for several
important products within our UKG suite. These products include
Recruiting and Onboarding. You will be responsible for the direct
management of a fast-evolving product engineering team. You must be
passionate about developing and growing engineers, leveraging
modern technologies to rapidly deliver products with high quality
and increasing operational efficiently through continuous process
improvement. Primary Responsibilities (other Leadership
Responsibilities May Be Required)
- Facilitate productive and positive team communication and
collaboration. This includes but is not limited to: Fostering an
environment of transparency and open discussion, resource planning
and working closely with other leaders and direct reports.
- Mentor and support the professional, technical and personal
growth of team members. Help develop their career path by assigning
projects tailored to their potential, personality, work style and
goals while encouraging healthy exploration beyond their comfort
- Own team processes to increase efficiency. Develop, measure and
interpret statistics that serve as indicators of team performance.
Use this information to drive continuous improvement
- Deliver simple and elegant solutions in the team portfolio
based on agreed upon timelines and commitments while cultivating an
environment conducive to high team morale and productivity.
- Set the example and expectations for team conduct. Inspire
positive behavior and interactions. When needed, directly address,
and resolve, behavior that falls below expectations.
- Interface with multiple groups across the organization and with
external partners and vendors
- Expedite project deliverables while maintaining sustainable
work pace that does not compromise on standards and quality.
- Passionate about people, process, and technologies and able to
inspire and motivate others.
- Experience setting and achieving sound goals. For example,
SMART goal principles.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a
diverse array of stakeholders and groups in the organization.
- Strong work ethic with a sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
and an unwavering commitment to do the right thing.
- Proven leadership in facilitating complex discussions to
achieve goals and solve problems.
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills.
- Experience in Lean-Agile development methodologies such as
Kanban or Scrum.
- Experience working in an enterprise-scale SaaS production
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
Management, or equivalent experience related to the requirements
above. Company Overview Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG
combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and
Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our
employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and
innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to
create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that
empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the
globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be
inspired? Learn more at EEO Statement Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work
environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation,
pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and
any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local
anti-discrimination laws. View View the UKG participates in
E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters Disability Accommodation For
individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at
any point in the application and interview process, please email
Keywords: UKG, Alpharetta , Software engineering manager, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...