AVP, Software Development Engineering Manager
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job Description: Role Summary/Purpose: The AVP, Software
Development Engineer Manager plays a pivotal technical role within
Synchrony Financial in successfully hosting several client-facing
platforms and delivering high-quality solutions. Essential
- Build and integrate information and computer systems that meet
specific needs, typically involving integration of the software and
hardware that best meets the purpose defined by an internal or
- Get involved in a project early, when analysts start developing
requirements, and then remain involved till the end.
- Examine the current application design, and work with business
and technical staff to recommend solutions that result in more
effective systems.Investigate problem areas. Improve system quality
by identifying issues and common patterns and developing standard
operating procedures.Test software systems to diagnose and resolve
system faults; Improve existing codebases and peer review code
changesShould be responsible for defining:
- How technology can be used to solve a given business
- Which framework, platform, or tech-stack that can be used to
create a solution? Which patterns, methods and tools will be most
effective and productive?
- How the application will look and feel, what the components
will be, and how they interact with each other?
- Figuring out the advantages and risks in third-party
- Oversee the programming, integration, and testing of software
systems and associated devices, working closely with multiple agile
and cross functional team both onshore and offshore.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in software
operations via simplification and automation.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 8 years of full stack development using Java,
Spring, other JEE technologies, API, microservices and UI
technologies and frameworks.
- Minimum 5 years of application design experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in web frameworks like
- Minimum 3 years of experience building and consuming web
services via REST. Desired Characteristics:
- Deep experience in web frameworks like react, APIs and
- Experience building and deploying application on Cloud
platforms like PCF
- Working knowledge of API gateways
- Experience with build and dependency management tools like
Maven or Gradle
- Experience with continuous integration environments like
- Experience with writing unit, integration, and UI test
- Deep Agile expertise
- Critical thinking and creativity
- Working knowledge of fintech and healthcare Industry as it
relates to consumer financing Grade/Level: 11The salary range for
this position is 75,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD AnnualSalaries are
adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions
are bonus eligible. Eligibility Requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background
investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service
with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles.
Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the
associate will have a minimum 6 months' time in position before
they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or
greater, must have at least 24 months' time in position before they
can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance
expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the
approval of your manager and HR if you don't meet the time in
position or performance expectations). Legal authorization to work
in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for
employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our Commitment: When you join us, you'll be part of a diverse,
inclusive culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not
only heard-but valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us
and believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes
Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, we're building a
future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into
action. Through the power of our 8 Diversity Networks+ , with more
than 60% of our workforce engaged, you'll find community to connect
with an opportunity to go beyond your passions.This starts when you
choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Reasonable
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please
tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a
job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation
include making a change to the application process or work
procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a
sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career
Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can
be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from
8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time Job Family Group:
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Alpharetta , AVP, Software Development Engineering Manager, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...