Director, Application Systems Development
Company: TouchNet Information Systems, Inc.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Summary of This Role Manages the analysis, programming, and
testing activities for system and/or software application
development and service / support to include feasibility studies,
time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation
of new or revised software applications and/or systems. Advises and
confers with team members on administrative policies and
procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods. Consults
with team members in other areas to coordinate cross-functional
activities. Oversees the effective development and implementation
of programs to ensure that all software applications meet minimum
organization standards and end-user requirements. Administers
change control process for zero defect system development. Ensures
adequate application testing prior to implementation. What Part
Will You Play?
- Leads and develops highly technical team, sometimes with
multiple skill-sets and/or locations, supporting application system
development, production support and testing.
- Plans, coordinates and leads software development activities
for assigned areas in support of client requests, new sales,
strategic initiatives, product development and internal
enhancements. Establishes priorities for work requests. Provides
technical direction. Takes responsibility for quality and
timeliness, adjusting resources and escalating major issues, based
on business needs and plans. Takes decisions when required and
responsibility for issues escalated higher. Ensures methodology is
followed and promotes high quality, on-time work. Drives
resolutions of issues and roadblocks. Brings large and complex
problems to resolution by providing direction, leadership and
- Participates in the development of Divisional plans and
communicates these and progress with team(s). Evaluates industry
and technical trends and developments and contributes to the
development of application systems and testing.
- Participates in Divisional budgeting / forecasting and
planning. Recommends strategies to achieve short and longer-term
goals. Manages resource planning with team leadership to achieve
key software application systems and testing performance indicators
within agreed budgets and Service/Operational Level Agreements.
Communicates status of work to executive leadership.
- Develops strong relationships internally and with partners and
clients and ensures team have positive relationships. Acts as an
ambassador and a senior subject matter expert in client meetings
and sales support. May manage key vendor relationships. Helps build
cross functional teams and collaborates with leaders to improve
cross-functional processes and workflows. Negotiate with
stakeholders across business units to achieve satisfactory delivery
- Ensures that application systems development processes and
practices are compliant with corporate and regulatory standards
(both domestic and international). Contributes to the development
of IT policies and standards. Leads responses to internal and
external audits and remediation of any issues. Serves and an
escalation point for teams.
- Contributes to the development of strategy, risk management,
productivity and quality management within the team. Monitors and
evaluates effectiveness of programs and development. Collaborates
with senior management to perform continual process improvements
that positively impact cost, revenue, performance efficiency,
process development and solution delivery. Manages the transition
to new tools and processes.
- May lead teams that performs testing and/or the relationships
with vendors providing this service. Contributes to the development
of testing strategy and plans. Acts as a senior escalation point
- May act as a senior technical subject matter expert for
applications and development, acting as a senior escalation point
on technical issues and creating solutions for complex problems and
providing direction for own and other teams. Acts as a corporate
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
- Will be on call as an escalation contact and to help resolve
complex high severity issues What Are We Looking For in This Role?
This role will be located in Columbus, Georgia and is a hybrid role
requiring some days in the office and some remote work. This will
be a hands on technical leadership role. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
from an accredited university is required; however, relevant
experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of Java technical experience and 3 + years
experience as a Technical Lead or in a managerial position.
- Prior TSYS, Credit Card Industry, Banking or Fin Tech Industry
experience is preferred.
- Cards or Chip Card Knowledge is plus Technical Experience
- Back-end: Java 8 and Java 17, SpringBoot Framework
- Operating Systems - Mac OS X, UNIX; Microsoft Windows
- Database: Design, familiarity with DDL and DML for one or more
of the following databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and
- Development Tools: IntelliJ, Eclipse, Visual Studio,
Confluence,Gradle, Git, BitBucket and Jenkins
- Tools: Junit, JSON, Yaml, Kafka, Apache Spark and Apache
- Container Orchestrations: Kubernetes and Docker
- Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Prometheus, Alertmanager,
- Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services or other related
- Web Servers and Server Management: Apache Tomcat, Ngix,
Cloudstack, and VMWare
- Networking: Calico, Platform Load Balancing (PLB)
Keywords: TouchNet Information Systems, Inc., Alpharetta , Director, Application Systems Development, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...