Finance Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis
Posted on: May 21, 2023
When you join VerizonVerizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing...The Finance OrganizationAt
Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning &
Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive
program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the
organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and
professional growth. We're finding new ways to add value and
provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want
to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the
stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work.
You can become a catalyst for change.Verizon Value Segment
FP&AThis role will support the Value segment Commercial Finance
analytics and Consolidation reporting. You will be responsible for
preparing financial and economic analysis for senior management to
determine the profitability of our different customer types,
initiatives, and offers. You will leverage a thorough understanding
of Verizon financials and operations in order to make the
best-informed decisions possible. This position requires
independently interacting with multiple Business departments,
including Marketing, Sales, Product, and Customer Experience Teams.
The primary accountabilities associated with the position
- Developing financial models, tools and corresponding
assumptions used to evaluate the profitability and shareholder
value of customer acquisition and retention initiatives.
- Analyzing the financial profitability of Value segment Brand
promotions through the development of business cases with multiple
- Considering customer implications of business decisions and
potential impacts to Net Promoter Scores (NPS) over time.
- Partnering with teams throughout the business to leverage
digital finance tools to disseminate insights and to create better
informed business cases.
- Preparing financial presentation materials and formal business
case documents for use with senior management.
- Presenting and communicating to all levels of the
- Preparing and, maintaining monthly consolidated analyses and
providing variance commentary for Actuals vs Budget, Forecast and
Best Views- for business financial results and Key Performance
Indicators to be used in management reviews.
- Managing on-time deliverables with willingness for process
- Partnering with cross-functional teams including Marketing,
Commercial, CX, Operations, GTS, and VCG Finance.
- Having an impact on new business growth opportunities through
development of business case scenarios.
- Managing well through ambiguity, can make autonomous
- Using financial modelling skills to help make decisions on
optimal investments across portfolio of brands.
- Performing change management and cross functional
collaboration.What we're looking for...You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics,
Statistics, Math or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Financial analysis and modelling.Even better if
you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or
Economics and/or a professional certification (e.g. CPA, CFA,
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications
- A high degree of analytical capability with the proven ability
to structure business case around a high-level strategic
- Strong strategic skills, with the proven ability to identify
and assess key points, implications and recommendations.
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting &
analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and
- Experience in depth understanding of common business and cost
drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices and
International Financial Reporting.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause
analysis and project management.
- Experience in Python, SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Smart View,
Hyperion Planning, or Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Experience in leading large and complex team projects with
minimal direct supervision.If Verizon and this role sound like a
fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every
"even better" qualification listed above.Where you'll be workingIn
this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes
work from home and assigned office days set by your
manager.Scheduled Weekly Hours40Equal Employment Opportunity We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon, Alpharetta , Finance Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...