Business Development Director, CSS
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Business Development Director, CSS page is loaded Business
Development Director, CSS Apply remote type Hybrid locations TX -
Richardson TX - Houston GA - Alpharetta time type Full time posted
on Posted 30+ Days Ago job requisition id R-28626 Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Job Category
UnderwritingCompensation OverviewThe annual base salary range
provided for this position is a nationwide market range and
represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the
country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by
a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location
of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and
experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As
part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program,
employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive
awards.Salary Range$120,400.00 - $198,700.00 Target Openings 1 What
Is the Opportunity? The position reports to the Vice President,
National Accounts and is responsible for the execution of industry
leading sales strategies for Travelers' claim management services;
initiating and developing effective sales relationships with
prospects, distribution resources, risk managers and internal
colleagues in National Accounts, Claim, Risk Control and
Operations. The Sales Executive is the lead for obtaining new
business prospects, screening for opportunity, driving the quote
and sales strategy process, and closing the deal within an assigned
territory to contribute to the profitable growth of Constitution
State Services (CSS).What Will You Do?
- Develop and identify a pipeline of prospects and qualify new
business opportunities for claims management services and
associated service offerings. This role will create a managed
prospects list and will be focused on growing new CSS business
opportunities for an assigned territory.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with providers of
RFPs including brokers, agents, consultants, self-insured clients,
and where the opportunity exists directly with Risk Managers.
- Accountable for getting qualified new opportunities for new
business through the RFP process. Prepare quotes and proposals;
make compelling presentations to clients and prospects; effectively
negotiate with clients and secure an executed claim service
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal
resources (Claim, Risk Control, National Accounts, Operations,
etc.) to ensure delivery of all related services and a smooth and
timely service transition for the client. Jointly responsible for
overall service and will intervene as necessary to ensure
commitments are fulfilled.
- Perform all functions to support profit, growth and expense
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years' sales experience with a TPA service company,
including comprehensive knowledge of industry practices and company
operations and distribution channels.
- Interpersonal and effective communication skills and style:
Strong verbal, written, presentation, and listening skills.
- Business Knowledge - Clearly demonstrates knowledge of the TPA
services, industry and operations. Understands products,
financials, objectives and service requirements. Strong knowledge
of competitive market conditions.
- Confident and has solid sales, influencing and negotiation
skills to close a sale. Successful track record of achieving new
- Is driven and takes the initiative to recognize opportunities
to penetrate new market, takes advantage of all important
opportunities to increase market share and takes intelligent
- Demonstrates marketing skills necessary to achieve established
and stretch business goals.
- Works effectively with all levels and can easily develop, build
and maintain internal and external relationships. Develops strong
coalitions and networks.
- Identifies customers' needs and takes appropriate action to
meet those needs.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and has proven time management,
planning and organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure
and meet deadlines.
- Understands the business and responds to all related issues,
concerns and problems. Makes sound business decisions and takes
responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Develops a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal
integrity, ethics and commitment to doing the right things.
- Experience using various automation tools and systems to
effectively support distribution system management and a
willingness to learn and use new technology.What is a Must Have?
- 5 years experience working with a Third Party Administrator or
5 years of brokerage experience placing business with Third Party
Administrators.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice. Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
that we can deliver the very best products and services when our
workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve.
We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the
diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive
workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and
work together to deliver extraordinary results. -
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting. To learn more about
our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/ . About Us
- Travelers has 30,000 employees in the United States, Canada,
the United Kingdom, Ireland and Brazil. > > Explore life at
- We have 8 diversity networks, employee-led organizations
dedicated to fostering the development and success of our
employees. > > Discover diversity and inclusion .
- Employees and their eligible family members - including
spouses, domestic partners and children - are eligible for coverage
from the first day of employment. > > Explore benefits .
- Travelers has been recognized by organizations such as Forbes,
Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and Military Times. > >
Read more about recognition .
- Our employees are valuable assets to their hometowns, giving
more than 100,000 hours of their time toward important causes each
year. > > Learn about community involvement .
- Imagine other opportunities here .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Alpharetta , Business Development Director, CSS, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!