Due Diligence Vice President
Company: AXA Investment Managers
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Job purpose The Underwriting/Due Diligence Group has an integral
role in the due diligence and closing process for new commercial
real estate loan investments on behalf of the firm's clients. The
VP will have a lead role in managing this process for assigned
transactions interacting with internal and external parties to
analyze property operations, third party physical assessments,
sponsorship financial condition, and preparing sections of
investment committee memos, closing packages/settlement statements
and ensuring closing conditions are satisfied. Key
- The VP position is a lead role throughout loan origination,
involving collaboration with internal and external parties to
manage the due diligence and closing process. The VP ensures all
departmental and company procedures including review and approval
processes are followed and appropriately documented.
- For all new commercial real estate loan investments, working
with loan originators and legal counsel to issue welcome letter
with closing checklist of required materials and approvals
necessary for loan closing. Manage the review and closeout of
checklist items including participation in ongoing checklist review
calls with all parties to transaction.
- Interacting with third party consultants, loan originators,
borrowers, brokers, and legal counsel; maintain accurate and
detailed records of due diligence information; identifying
issues/areas of concern, and addressing by working with the
appropriate internal and external parties.
- Manage third party report process (including appraisals,
engineering, environmental, seismic, insurance, zoning, and
operational title exceptions).
- Working with borrowers/guarantors to analyse financials, and
conduct background searches and KYC/AML/CTF due diligence.
- Throughout the due diligence process, work with loan
originators and borrowers / brokers to obtain and review property
level agreements, and appraisers to analyse property operations and
cash flow projections.
- Prepare sections of investment committee memorandums and attend
- Prepare internal closing package interacting with loan
originator, and portfolio manager.
- Work with loan originator, borrower, lender's counsel, and
title company as applicable on settlement statements/loan
funding/closing requirements and logistics.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned. Your
- Bachelor of Business Administration, or Bachelor of Art or
Science with relevant experience. Course work in finance, real
estate, business administration, accounting, urban planning,
mathematics, and economics are all beneficial. Experience
- 15+ years relevant commercial real estate experience, which may
include debt, equity, legal, and/or title company transaction
background. Knowledge and Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Computer skills necessary to perform the job include a working
knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
familiarity with Argus. Competencies
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize on ongoing basis.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to work and assist others in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented with the ability to adapt to a changing
- About AXA The AXA Group is a global leader in insurance and
asset management, with 160,000 employees serving 105 million
customers in 62 countries. We protect and advise our clients at
every stage of their lives, offering products and services that
meet their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection,
savings and asset management. Our mission : To act for human
progress by protecting what matters Our values : Customer first,
Integrity, Courage and One AXA About the Entity At AXA IM we are
investing with a clear purpose - to make the world a better place.
We act for human progress by investing for what matters. Our
conviction-led approach enables us to uncover what we believe to be
the best global investment opportunities across alternative and
core asset classes. We are already entrusted by our clients with
more than ---887 billion in assets. AXA Investment Managers Home
AXA IM Corporate () AXA IM is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we
encourage candidates with disabilities or any other protected
characteristic to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable
accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with
disabilities, when needed, to apply for a position or to perform
essential job functions. Inclusion and Diversity Careers AXA IM
Corporate () What We Offer We are committed to offer you an
environment where you can: Grow your potential : Be part of a
forward-thinking business with internal opportunities and
personalized learning paths available to help constantly develop
your skills and abilities . Shape the way you work : Work for a
company which is highly committed to providing flexibility &
balance to its employees, offering you a large range of benefits
(hybrid working, competitive health benefits, among many others.).
Thrive within a diverse community : Play a role within a
responsible company that actively recognizes and values individual
differences in a diverse and inclusive workforce. Move the world
forward : Join a responsible employer that acts in favor of
societal and environmental causes as an investor, insurer and
company, notably through the AXA Heart in Action association. As
part of our commitment to sustainability and environmental
responsibility, we will celebrate your arrival by planting a
Keywords: AXA Investment Managers, Alpharetta , Due Diligence Vice President, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!