ITS Manager - Data and Analytics
Company: COUNTRY Financial
Posted on: November 10, 2018
This position will be assigned to work out of our Southern Office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta), our Central Office in Minneapolis, MN. The COUNTRY Financial office will relocate to Fifth Street Towers in downtown Minneapolis in November 2018.
Be part of the IT leadership team for COUNTRY Financial. The IT Manager - Data and Analytics serves as leader and advocate for the use of data to inform and to transform the organization. Coordinates data services and data systems across the organization. Provides support and consultative expertise in related areas. This position leads a large team including core staff and contractors, both on and off-shore.
Provides leadership for those involved in the development, design and optimization of one or more information technology and systems functions supporting company business processes and technical information systems platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware/software and database management, preparation of budgets, schedules and feasibility studies. Provides direction for the effort required to protect the company's data, tools and information systems. May be involved in planning and coordinating all aspects of projects specific to their respective area of assignment. Utilizes subject matter knowledge of user group for practical application of system characteristics. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Provides leadership by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Sustains information systems results by defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems.
- Assesses information systems results by auditing application of systems.
- Enhances information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by determining service level required; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action, control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Experience managing Data and Analytics programs.
- Experience with managing onshore/offshore contractors.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of information technology or related experience OR,
- Master's degree and at least 6 years of information technology or related experience OR,
- At least 10 years of information technology or related experience.
- And at least 2 years of management experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
COUNTRY Financial dates back about 90 years, to a group of farmers who came together in Chicago in 1925 to form a fire and lightning insurance company for Illinois farmers who otherwise went uninsured. A year later, the company expanded and began to offer coverage for autos and equipment. Over most of the last century, we’ve kept expanding – and we’re determined to be the best provider of financial security in America. From humble beginnings in Chicago, we now have career opportunities across the country. We operate in 17 states spanning the area from Seattle to Savannah, Ga. – and Alaska, too – with over 1 million households in force. We offer a full range of financial solutions and services to meet a broad range of insurance and financial needs.
Keywords: COUNTRY Financial, Alpharetta , ITS Manager - Data and Analytics, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!