Finance Project Manager
Posted on: April 16, 2019
What you'll be doing...
You will be part of an objective assurance and consulting team
(Internal Audit) that is independently managed within Verizon
designed to add value and improve operations. Within Internal
Audit, you will gain extensive exposure to diverse aspects of
Verizon's business and technical landscape. These assignments
include increasing levels of responsibilities, making Internal
Audit an excellent place to work for high potential employees.
As a leader within the Major Projects audit team, this will require
a decisive, motivated and talented self-driven team player to lead
and develop the analytical skills across the team.
- As a top level contributor you would be supporting a high
performance Major Projects audit team in its efforts to identify
and assess risks in Verizon's key business functions related to
capital projects. The enthusiasm in this position helps identify
key risks and control gaps utilizing cutting traditional auditing
techniques as well as data analytics.
- Play a significant role with respect to infrastructure problem
solving, opportunity identification and own complex projects to
lead the advancement of technical skills within Finance.
- Work closely with senior business management to understand data
and its relationship to end-to-end business process and controls
supporting capital projects.
- Prioritize general objectives into defined projects and
establish scope, timeline, and resources to successfully meet
- Mentor team members to ensure professional growth and
development of data science skillset and leadership qualities.
- Find creative solutions to complex and diverse business
- Organize data and effectively communicate high level results to
- Produce written deliverables for planning, execution,
completion and reporting on audits.
- Determine the best methods of integrating data from several
different sources and systems for use in data analyses.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in project and/or program management
(as an engineer or consultant).
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- A degree or Master's degree in Engineering, Management
Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Certifications like CPA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CEH.
- Strong business data analytical skills and experience; ability
to apply business logic to analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast
changing environment with changing priorities and changing time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability
to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Capability to write clear, concise reports and presentations
with a capability to verbally communicate effectively;
organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to consolidate issues for management level review,
develop clear written recommendations, which require minimal
editing and present recommendations with management.
- Knowledge of risk management methodology and factors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects (multi-task and prioritize)
in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Alpharetta , Finance Project Manager, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!