Learning and Development Manager
Posted on: May 18, 2019
What you'll be doing...
If you enjoy helping people solve problem and creating learning
experiences that are unique, transformative, and sometimes outside
the box, this job may be perfect for you. You'll be a leader within
a dynamic instructional design studio helping usher in the 4th
Industrial Revolution. As a member of our learning experience
studio, you will not only analyze learning needs, create actionable
designs, bring great ideas to light, and evaluate learning outcomes
you will also influence the learning culture of Verizon with your
excitement and passion for the learner.
- Partnering with Verizon professionals to lead projects
including, prioritization of key initiatives, analysis, and project
management training development needs.
- Leading performance consultations with partners of all levels
of Verizon's Technical Training Team to conduct a detailed needs
- Designing and developing all aspects of learning including
classroom, web conferencing, mobile, and eLearning modalities.
- Creating actionable learning experiences, role plays,
simulations, and performance support as needed and conducting any
necessary "train-the-trainer" sessions for our training
- Leading projects including milestones, SME and manager reviews,
and communicating progress and issues for internal teams.
- Evaluating program effectiveness, impact on our business, and
continuously improving our solutions using the Kirkpatrick model of
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in design and development for various delivery
styles including instructor lead, self-paced and virtual
Even better if you have:
- A Master's degree.
- Strong project management skills leading projects to completion
on time and on budget.
- Advanced performance consulting and analysis experience and
- Experience in Captivate 8 or 9, Storyline 3, and/or Camtasia
- Expertise with ADDIE and SAM training development models.
- Ability to quickly learn technology and technical
- Ability to develop and customize activities to ensure
participant engagement and knowledge retention.
- Experience designing for AR/VR and HTML 5.
- Experience with levels of evaluations.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Alpharetta , Learning and Development Manager, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!