IT Project Manager III
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: May 19, 2019
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are
passionate about oral health and its importance to future
generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health
care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental
insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
The IT Project Manager Ill will instill delivery operations
discipline in the technology organization and the EPMO, and be able
to manage and report on portfolio health, support the weekly
creation of a delivery dashboard (recent accomplishments, upcoming
deliverables, risks/mitigations, project financial updates, any
scope or change requests requiring approval). Also, resource
management and estimating discipline, manage customer surveys and
customer testimonials, capability and value realization, leading
all retrospectives and creating/managing a continuous improvement
roadmap, audit management and compliance, process improvement,
continuous improvement and coaching/workshop facilitation as needed
in specialty areas.
How you will make an impact:
* Direct project managers, major strategic projects or multiple
mid/small projects. Manage all aspects of a project, from beginning
to end, with direct accountability for project execution while
leading a project team(s) to accomplish specific objectives in a
given time frame to return specific value to the business.
* Lead and manage major projects with overall accountability for
project success while simultaneously directing one or more project
managers on major projects or numerous smaller projects.
* When needed, act as a Program Manager, with accountability for
related series of projects, executed over a broad period of time,
which are designed to accomplish broad goals of the program to
which these individual projects contribute.
* Implement and follow Project Management Office standard
methodologies, processes and tools, develop and maintain project
documentation, work plans and project deliverables. Guide and train
others in the use of the methodology and tools
* Manage and motivate project teams, planning work assignments and
* Evaluate team member performance against established goals,
completing project evaluations on a timely basis.
* Determine project risk factors and issues and direct mitigation
plans. Initiate and maintain issues logs, taking responsibility for
identifying and coordinating resolution of all technical and
* Work with project sponsor(s) to establish project performance
goals, metrics and baseline measures.
* Establish and maintain effective communications with team
members, stakeholders and senior management. Communicate project
status to identified stakeholders through routine status reports
* Ensure all project time is accounted for and project and team
member activities are routinely collected and reported in standard
fashion following established processes.
* Estimate resources needed on projects to ensure success.
Coordinate vendor activities to ensure project success.
* Advance project management competencies, including development of
methodology and tools, development and delivery of
education/training, completion of quality reviews and coaching
others engaged in project management activities.
What we look for:
* Leadership: Responsible for all aspects of the development and
implementation of assigned technology projects and provides a
single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from
original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all
areas affected by the project (e.g., users, other interfacing
projects, internal departments).
* Resource Management: Leads up to 15 technical employees. Takes an
active role in recruitment, evaluation, motivation, development,
promotion, and performance improvement processes. Must be able to
effectively match technology standards of performance against each
subordinate s performance to use as the basis for personnel action.
Establishes quarterly and annual targets for direct reports and
provides accurate, consistent, and timely performance reviews.
* Planning and Organization: Defines project scope and objectives.
Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates,
resource plans, and monthly status reports. Conducts project
meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project
deliverables. Manages execution of the project plan, controls the
project budget, ensures the effective use of project resources, and
coordinates change control activities.
* Coordination Activities: Ensures that the technical plans are
integrated with user plans, keeps the user/client apprised of the
project progress, and quickly escalates issues which require
management direction or resolution. Manages the integration of
vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables, as
* Design and Architecture Management: Provides technical and
analytical guidance to project team. Plans, directs, monitors, and
participates in development activities for team's projects.
Responsible for the quality of project deliverables.
* Problem Analysis Activities: Reviews, manages, and resolves
straightforward to highly complex problems involving one or more
systems or functions; undertakes and oversees the process of
defining problems and implementing solutions. Consistently
demonstrates the use of ingenuity and creativity by making
recommendations and taking actions to direct the analyses and
solutions of problems.
* BS or BA degree in Computer Science or related field. Graduate
* Minimum 8 years experience in information systems.
* 8-10 years of leadership and project management experience to
lead projects as well as train and coach others on project
* Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills using innovative
* Experience with standard project management tools, methodologies
* Broad working knowledge and experience with healthcare or
insurance industry applications and technology.
* Experience in managing large scale projects and/or programs.
* In-depth knowledge of system development lifecycle principles and
system development methodology as demonstrated by successfully
managing numerous projects through the entire project development
lifecycle, including project release and post support.
* Able to communicate effectively with all levels in a clear and
professional manner, verbally and written. Possess superior people
management and leadership skills.
* Able to
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , IT Project Manager III, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!