Regional Sales Director
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy
meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working
in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP,
supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In
today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't
have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and
one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed
to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with
industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert
support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of
new ideas instead of the status quo. That is why over 2,500 highly
specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54
countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers
in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and
functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery
models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of
ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our
products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together,
Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee
community to serve every customer in every geography and
The Regional Account
Director is responsible for all aspects of sales and account
including development and execution of sales plans to achieve and
within the assigned territory; following the company methodology
for the sales
process; managing customer sales process and ensuring customer
This position entails a blend of hunter, farmer and managerial
The Regional Account
Director is responsible for leading and coaching Account Managers
Executives; identifying, developing, and retaining high talent who
value to the company's business. This is a hands-on, customer
facing and highly
visible position, which may include direct participation in closing
key accounts. The primary focus is to drive profitable growth with
customers and prospects.
30-40% travel is required.
Scope: Participates with other senior managers to establish
strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on
administrative or operational matters and ensure operations
effective achievement of objectives.
Complexity: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or
data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in
the corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation
criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and
schedules meet corporate requirements.
Supervision: Directs and controls the activities of a broad
functional area through several department managers within the
company. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting,
managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing
changes to methods.
Interaction: Regularly interacts with executives and/or major
customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as
negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence
senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the
- Being accountable for regional portfolio results and arming the
regional team with strategic and tactical guidance to achieve
- Managing strategic territory assignments and driving expansion
- Manage strategic plan create and maintenance across the Account
Management team by leading a joint company/customer planning
process that identifies relevant customer needs, prioritizes
initiatives and company investments, and establishes a clear action
plan for success.
- Supervising and supporting Account Managers and Account
Executives to increase sales, retention and profitability.
- Serving as escalation point for customer issues across the
- Setting and monitoring sales targets for Account Management and
Account Executive teams.
- Participating in sales negotiations/strategic planning of
- Assisting Account Managers with complex sales across multiple
- Collecting and analyzing sales data and trends across the
region; assisting with regional financial discussions.
- Liaising with Product and Marketing leaders to set and
implement strategies for new product offerings.
- Staying up-to-date with internal and external developments
across the region and suggest new ways to increase sales.
- Building and maintaining multi-level relationships with key
Typically requires a minimum of 16 years of related experience with
a Bachelor's degree; or 13 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD
with 10 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical range
of experience is 16-19 years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to successfully manage teams of hunters
- Sales leadership experience scaling and leading a sales
- Proven ability to attract, select and retain top talent
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting client
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- Thorough understanding of the customer sales cycle
- Experience working with software products, services,
competencies, solutions, and offerings
- Knowledge and previous experience in the software industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Experience of working with and understanding contracts
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to credibly present recommendations at senior levels in the
- Excellent sales, negotiation skills and objection handling
- Must be motivated, goal oriented with the proven ability to
work with minimal direction and maintain a high level of
collaboration across geographically diverse teams
- Possesses a high degree of honesty, integrity and ability to
- Professional image and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and follow up skills, problem solving and
- Good decision making ability and negotiation skills
If you are determined to give your best
every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an
amazing group of
people, then apply online today!
For American Applicants:
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In
accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not
tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for
employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any
other group status protected by applicable law.
For Canadian Applicants:
Aptean, we are committed to providing equal access to employment
across our organization. If you require any accommodation
the recruitment and selection process, please send an email to
email@example.com or contact us at (855) 411-2783 and ask for
Human Resources. Let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information and we
happy to assist you.
Keywords: Aptean, Alpharetta , Regional Sales Director, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!