Director Of Housekeeping
Company: The Hotel at Avalon
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Overview Ensure that the cleanliness standards of the guestrooms,
meeting areas, public areas, and back-of-the-house are met through
the optimal training, staffing, and supervision of labor, efficient
management of operating supplies, and proactive monitoring of guest
service scores and comments. Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and monitor staff workload to ensure compliance
with cleanliness and maintenance standards, which requires
continuous visual and written inspections of guestrooms and public
- Develop housekeeping and laundry budget.
- Develop and implement controls for expense management.
- Conduct periodic inventory of guest supplies, small equipment
and linen as required.
- Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control labor
- Schedule labor to flex with forecasted hotel occupancy, F and B
activity, and group events.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, recommend performance
evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and
recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve
problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and
- Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc. Make
recommendations and assist in the coordination of preventative
maintenance program and rehab projects.
- Ensure compliance of housekeeping and laundry standard
operating procedures and policies.
- Operate department pursuant to OSHA requirements and
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned. About Us
Inspired by the mythical land of Avalon, where the experience of
the "Good Life" is ever-present, The Hotel at Avalon arrives - a
grand reimagining of resort environment, where guests are immersed
in the timeless art of living well. Here at the Hotel at Avalon,
the "Good Life" is ever present in our benefits of becoming an
associate! In addition to our Company's medical, dental, vision,
and retirement benefits, Hotel at Avalon associates also enjoy free
lunch or dinner during your shift in our Associate Cafe, free gated
on-site parking, provided uniforms, and discounted dry cleaning
rates on-site. In addition, you and your family have access to
Marriott's discounted hotel room program at thousands of Marriott
locations around the world. "Think of us as a guide to the
extraordinary, a gateway to the unconventional, a beacon of good
- 5+ years management experience, with at least 3 years in
- Experience managing in-house operated laundry operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree
- Must possess thorough knowledge of all housekeeping and laundry
operations and individual job requirements.
- Able to work with other department leaders.
- Able to resolve guest, supervisor and associate conflicts.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their
job duties and be a team player with or without reasonable
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
Keywords: The Hotel at Avalon, Alpharetta , Director Of Housekeeping, Executive , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!