Senior Program Manager, Engineering - Medical Device
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Requisition ID: 1468
Job Title: Senior Program Manager, Engineering - Medical Device
Job Country: United States (US)
Here at Avanos Medical, we passionately believe in three
- Making a difference in our products, services and offers, never
ceasing to fight for groundbreaking solutions in everything we
- Making a difference in how we work and collaborate, constantly
nurturing our nimble culture of innovation;
- Having an impact on the healthcare challenges we all face, and
the lives of people and communities around the world.
At Avanos you will find an environment that strives to be
independent and different, one that supports and inspires you to
excel and to help change what medical devices can deliver, now and
in the future.
Avanos is a medical device company focused on delivering clinically
superior breakthrough solutions that will help patients get back to
the things that matter. We are committed to creating the next
generation of innovative healthcare solutions which will address
our most important healthcare needs, such as reducing the use of
opioids while helping patients move from surgery to recovery.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we develop, manufacture and
market recognized brands in more than 90 countries. Avanos Medical
is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol
AVNS. For more information, visit www.avanos.com.
You will be a member of the R&D Project Management Office team
that supports the design and development of innovative medical
devices. The Senior Project Manager will play a key role in the
development of novel, drug-free electromechanical systems for pain
management by leading large cross-functional team. Key
responsibilities are to manage schedules / financials, to ensure
project complies with stage-gate and quality systems guidelines,
and to ensure that stakeholder / user needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on project management of new product development projects
from requirements definition through commercialization, identifying
schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation
plans, including risk mitigation
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects
remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in
collaboration with project staff from various functional
departments including marketing, quality, clinical, regulatory,
design, human factors, packaging, process development, procurement,
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client
stakeholders, effectively communicating with all levels of the
organization, providing frequent contact on project status and
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope,
timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline
project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate
management channels as needed-escalating issues as necessary based
on project work plans
- BS or advanced degree in engineering such as Electrical,
Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering or other related technical
discipline with 10+ years of industry experience including 5+ years
in project management of related electromechanical devices;
regulated medical device experience highly preferred.
- Experience leading large-platform projects, spanning multiple
years, specifically focused on New Product Development, and working
with both external and internal customers.
- Experience successfully leading and commercializing projects in
a stage-gate design control system.
- Experience with new product requirements through Voice of
Customer, assessing value of new product opportunities and
communicating to leadership.
- Strong and broad skills using the tools and technique of
project management (WBS, risk register, issues log, budget
- Ability to lead large cross-functional teams and drive
execution and accountability to ensure on time delivery of key
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment in electromechanical
product development, working in cross-functional teams, and
managing external vendors.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and
verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Must be adept at planning, interpersonal skills, conflict
resolution, and organizing teamwork.
- Ability to travel up to 25% at times, potentially some
- Familiarity with tools and techniques used for systems
engineering, concept engineering, and quality systems strongly
- Prior product development experience in pain management
- PMP and/or Six Sigma Certification strongly desired.
Avanos Medical is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a current
employee of Avanos, please apply here .
Join us at Avanos
Join us and you can make a difference in our products, solutions
and our culture. Most of all, you can make a difference in the
lives, people, and communities around the world.
Make your career count
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others
begins with our employees - through a comprehensive and competitive
range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary - our Total
Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee;
your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life
free onsite gym - onsite cafeteria - 401(k) + 6% match - immediate
vesting - benefits on day 1 - uncapped sales commissions - HQ
region voted 'best place to live' by USA Today
Keywords: Avanos, Alpharetta , Senior Program Manager, Engineering - Medical Device, Healthcare , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!