PD Registered Nurse (Willing to Train!)
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Job description - RN Home
- Registered Nurse - Peritoneal Dialysis Nurse If you are an independent, self -motivated individual who enjoys direct patient care in a case management atmosphere that includes patient education and critical thinking skills, this is the role for you. In this nursing role, you'll work with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team that includes RNs, Dietitians, Social Workers and Nephrologists who will manage patients to allow their independence while completing dialysis in their homes. What to Expect:
- Complexity - You will multitask in myriad ways - Work with top Nephrologists in the field. Prioritize tasks and utilize your critical thinking skills in the health management of your patient. This will include patient education, medication management, and treatment management and drive clinical outcomes.
- Educator - Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands. Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients from feeling sick and afraid, to strong and independent.
- Autonomy - You will apply your "core" nursing skills to assess, and assist in creating and implementing an individualized plan of care. The joy comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients' lives. What we'll provide:
- In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime . Employer is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
- Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
- Comprehensive benefits package : including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care and so much more Some details about this position:
- Your 9-12 weeks of training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, through Employer's award-winning training programs
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- There is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training
- This position requires that patients are covered on off hours, paid on call which consists of telephone assistance is part of this role.
- Our routine working days are Monday through Friday, however occasionally weekend and holidays may be required. You must have:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice; Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence
- One of the following, Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Excel, MS Word and Outlook. You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis and/or Peritoneal Dialysis (PD), Home Hemodialysis nursing experience
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
Keywords: DaVita, Alpharetta , PD Registered Nurse (Willing to Train!), Healthcare , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!